• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portuguese Spider-man comics from 1971... do they exist?

3 posts in this topic

I realize this is a subject appropriate for the "Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus" thread, but I thought it was important enough to stand on its own.

I heard a rumour that the earliest portuguese Spider-man editions was published already in 1971, under a title called 'Acao e Misterio' ("Action and Mystery"). These are supposed to have been sold in Portugal only, if I have understood things correctly - they are not brazilian editions shipped to Portugal. The rumour also said that these issues are extremely rare. That is the only information I have been able to find - no mention of how many issues that were published, no pictures, no nothing.

This is the link where the information can be found, scroll down to "Homem-Aranha em Portugal" and read for yourself:

http://www.infopedia.pt/$homem-aranha

If anyone have or can find any more information about these, please share.