• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-holdering fee

33 posts in this topic

How much of a discount do you expect from a seller when a CGC case has cracks at the top back - the label section, not near the book itself?

Why do you expect a discount if they are upfront about the crack in the slab? Every book is different and thus if they price it at w/e price they think is fair that becomes the price.

If the book gets a crack in transit that is a different story.

$11 is the reholder fee.

:makepoint:

Value 59 business days 40 business days $150 / ea. $25 per book; 15-book min. submission

Value Fast Track 20 business days 20 business days $150 / ea. $35 per book; 15-book min. submission

Economy 59 business days 40 business days $300 / ea. $35 per book

Economy Fast Track 20 business days 20 business days $300 / ea. $45 per book

Standard 15 business days 15 business days $1,000 / ea. $60 per book

Express 5 business days 5 business days $3,000 / ea. $95 per book

15 Day Standard Coupon 15 business days 15 business days for comics submitted with Col Soc coupon $1,000 / ea. Col Soc coupon

Walkthru Same day Same day no limit 3% FMV††

Modern* 60 business days 20 business days $200 / ea. $18 per book

Modern Fast Track* 10 business days 10 business days $200 / ea. $28 per book

ReHolder** 10 business days 10 business days Less than $50,000 $12 per book

High Value ReHolder 10 business days 10 business days no limit $24 per book

$11 is the reholder fee.

Value 59 business days 40 business days $150 / ea. $25 per book; 15-book min. submission

Value Fast Track 20 business days 20 business days $150 / ea. $35 per book; 15-book min. submission

15 Day Standard Coupon 15 business days 15 business days for comics submitted with Col Soc coupon $1,000 / ea. Col Soc coupon

Sure, the re-holder fee is ONLY $12 but unless you live nearby CGC or they can do the re-holder during onsite grading at a convention it's going to cost a lot more than $12 to get a book re-holdered. shipping to/from & insurance(if you think you need it) adds up.

$11 is the reholder fee.

Sure, the re-holder fee is ONLY $12 but unless you live nearby CGC or they can do the re-holder during onsite grading at a convention it's going to cost a lot more than $12 to get a book re-holdered. shipping to/from & insurance(if you think you need it) adds up.

I thought they didn't re-holder onsite anymore. :makepoint:

I just accidentally stepped on one of my books....I had it on the floor so I could take a picture :facepalm:

I'm charging myself $12

Oh no :facepalm: Is the book ok?

I just accidentally stepped on one of my books....I had it on the floor so I could take a picture :facepalm:

I'm charging myself $12

37 dollars...plus at least one hour overtime of whatever wage you earn for wrapping the book and time you stood on line at the post office....plus the gas (if you drove to the PO). lol:facepalm:

CGC does not do on site reholders any longer.

Really? Why the hell not? The reholder is stupid expensive without that option. :facepalm:

They don't take reholder submissions at shows either, they told me I had to mail it in.

CGC gotta make that money, boooyyyyyyy.....

meh

-slym

From the web site

**Reholder service is for a chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. We will place your comic in a new holder.

NOTE: All Reholder submissions are subject to review for tampering and accuracy of grade. Mail-in submissions only.

The final sentence, mail in only. They either do not want to pay the shipping by taking them at shows, or its a tampering issue.

From the web site

**Reholder service is for a chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. We will place your comic in a new holder.

NOTE: All Reholder submissions are subject to review for tampering and accuracy of grade. Mail-in submissions only.

The final sentence, mail in only. They either do not want to pay the shipping by taking them at shows, or its a tampering issue.

Since they only make 12 buck replacing the slab I bet they used to get crushed at shows by people wanting to get new slabs. People replacing cgc slabs would already be cgc customers...while at shows you might have people wanting to grade comics that never used the service before. So more time to service people who may have never seen a cgc slab before. So maybe that's why the only mail in thing. Less people wanting to spend the 12 bucks plus shipping. Or people just keep the cracked slab as is. (shrug)