• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lightsaber. Real. Homemade.

32 posts in this topic

So, how do they go the next step and make it of finite length (i.e. a couple few feet long)?

You can't. It's light. Something has to be there to stop it or reflect it.

So, how do they go the next step and make it of finite length (i.e. a couple few feet long)?

This is the future man! They'll find a way.

1q76w.jpg

Unless there's a series a reflective mirrors at the junction point that we can't see.

1q76w.jpg

Unless there's a series a reflective mirrors at the junction point that we can't see.

Buzzkill.

Localized miniature black hole that hovers three feet past the end of the pommel? C'mon! Think outside the box!

"Solid light" theory has been happening for a few years now...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070506160623.htm

I've been working the "Supermodels Love Me" theory for 2 decades now....results are mixed.

The saber base could project a force field a few feet away that absorbs the light. Note my use of the unverifiable sci-fi concept of a "force field" to rationally explain the sci-fi concept of a lightsaber. :juggle: