• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Got me a grail but cant tell the grade? please help

38 posts in this topic

Accidentally posted this yesterday in the coin spare me a grade section. They let me know immediately that i had it in the wrong spot.

lol Welcome to the Boards.

Definitely for sale...parting with it already or were u just referencing the board in order to properly place a bid on a grail you want...not own. Seller states he is not a professional grader but but he would place it at a 1.5-2.0. That is a wonderful book to own either way but it would be the worst 2.0 this guy has ever laid eyes on IMHO

That sounded harsh sorry it was not meant to be... if u are the owner and had to sell so soon I am sorry to hear that and if you were just referencing to make a more informed bid good luck (thumbs u

Im not offended , real reason i am selling it is that my mother s death anniversary is coming up and where she is buried the headstone has fallen over , at the time she passed away i wasn't able to afford a nice plot so where she is buried water collects and the ground is starting to sink, i thought what ever money i could get from the sale would go to fixing up the area where she is buried, or maybe a better tombstone or add more earth on top of the area to keep it from getting flooded , But thank you for all of yalls information about the comic. If it wasn't for what i am planning on doing i would have just kept it. God bless

That's definitely a 0.5. It's my old copy, I had it for a decade. In fact, my upgraded copy is a cgc 1.8 and its way better condition.

Also, what you stated in the auction isn't entirely correct about CGC not deducting for tape. If the tape served no purpose, then they would ignore the tape and pretend it was never used and any existing defect would be graded accordingly. That tape is holding together the spine of the book. If CGC ignored it, then they would grade it as if the spine was completely split. I have no doubt it would be a 0.5 even without the new tape rules.

Good luck with the sale. Personally, I would add a clarification to the auction about the CGC rules just in case. It's always a pain to deal with possible returns and that could be grounds for misinformation and you have a good reason to need the money.