• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pluto

7 posts in this topic

Or in my day, there were nine planets...

Which would b n excellent intro for the number nine book if it were a copy of any issue of Planet Comics...alas that is a collection I haven't started. Yet. But dang they are pretty.

Instead number nine is a gift from a friend. Without warning, the very first time I went to Ronnylama's house to visit with him, he gifted me with a stack of SA DC sci-fi books from his collection of slabs. Simply knowing that tese were part of the focus of my collection and no longer part of his was enough om Ronnylama to act.

And now they are all cherished parts of my collection, but none of them more than this.

At number nine I give you: Mystery in Space issue no. 75, with cover art by Infantino and Anderson at CGC 9.4, with a issue date of May, 1962.

This is one of those books that I have always considered buying but never did. Both sci-fi and an early appearance of the Justice League of America, plus a truly groovy cover.

Thank you Ronnylama.

13745.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Fortunately, I think the JLA managed to avoid having the face the Gamma Metal Gong - or maybe not?

I've never secured a copy of JLA #3, with the great Kanjar Ro cover, to read...

Yeah - Ronnylama is unbelievably cool.

Lee