• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicpalooza!

121 posts in this topic

I'm trying to catch up after a busy weekend, but the show, the party, and especially the guests, were all a blast.

Scans of some fun stuff and a con report coming up soon...

Roger's grade/price ratio was so solid, I went back for afters...

..this one has one of Frazetta's most highly rated stories in it...never seen a high grade copy before

PersonalLove3290_zpsab018d7b.jpg

plus a couple of very nicely priced Fawcett horror books...

BewareTerrorTales580_zps6ce567de.jpg

WorldsofFear380_zps403d4ab6.jpg

..... The Personal Love 32 is a book I've always wanted..... NICE. ....... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

i didn't bring sausage; you can get that anywhere. i brought boudin, and the best boudin in the world, at that.

Right - I just couldn't remember what it was called. It was great - especially the smoked variety.

Billy was bragging about getting his sausage smoked.

i didn't bring sausage; you can get that anywhere. i brought boudin, and the best boudin in the world, at that.

Right - I just couldn't remember what it was called. It was great - especially the smoked variety.

He does that a lot.

He does that a lot.

oh, my.

So the week was hectic, but fruitful. Mike arrived Wednesday evening. We spent Thursday setting up the booths for the show. We had four of them and we packed them pretty full so it took two big loads to get the fixtures and everything over to the convention center. We left the convention about 7:00 to drive one of my employees home. We were almost home when I realized that I had left my briefcase at the show. Darn-it! So Mike and I drove back over there. Every cloud has a silver lining, and as luck would have it Roger and Abel were just arriving. I knew that Roger was bringing some different stuff this year, but while talking to him I realized this was going to be special. Special enough to wake up really early on Friday so we could be there before Harley.

terrytoons07.jpg

terrytoons08.jpg

terrytoons14.jpg

Mike and I went through Roger's books and pulled a sizable stack. As we were wrapping up Harley showed up and, as Harley does, started going through stacks and putting books aside. "Uh, Harley... I already bought those."

big36.jpg