• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Lulu and Tubby - Just a Gigolo

16 posts in this topic

I've decided to update my Little Lulu web page with a new Lulu story (first time in about 6 years 893whatthe.gif ) and so I thought I would post it on here to let you guys take a look as well.

This is from Four Color #158 (August 1947) (the 9th issue of Little Lulu) and it was later reprinted in Little Lulu on Vacation Dell Giant (1954). This story gets two stars in the Jon Merill Little Lulu Index. I hope you like it.

gigolo1.jpg

gigolo2.jpg

gigolo3.jpg

gigolo4.jpg

gigolo5.jpg

gigolo6.jpg

gigolo7.jpg

gigolo8.jpg

gigolo9.jpg

gigolo10.jpg

gigolo11.jpg

gigolo12.jpg

gigolo13.jpggigolo14.jpg

Glad you liked it. Dolly is basically a prototype of Gloria, a character that will have a long run in the series.

I really love these early stories. If you are interested in the early stuff I recommend getting the first 2 Little Lulu & Tubby annuals, along with Little Lulu Storytelling Time and Little Lulu on Vacation Dell Giants. They contain reprints of some of the better FC and early issue stuff for a reasonable price. thumbsup2.gif

That was REALLY fun to read! Adn you know what? Many of the scenarios are like what happens on these boards! Maybe we should all but just ENOUGH sodas and 27_laughing.giflipops to keep everyone smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif?

You betcha! thumbsup2.gif

::ok - I am probably off to be a hypocrite and whine about some thread somewhere but still - as I was reading it I realized I was actually being ENTERTAINED at a most elemental level! This is really making me think about comics!::

That does it! I'm buying some Lulus. Thanks Bob!!

Great, another guy to outbid me 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

One resource I would highly recommend to new Lulu readers is the Jon Merrill Little Lulu Index Part 1 (save the file and open it in Word) which is an index of all Little Lulu comics with one line plot summaries and some star ratings. Jon was the publisher of The Stanley Steamer from 1982-92, a fanzine devoted to the work of John Stanley and Little Lulu.

Great fun, simplistic,but on many levels, it made me smile!!!

Post some more sometime,"pure comic stories". Do you or any of the other guys collect Sugar & Spike,Fox & Crow, etc. Love to see'em!! thumbsup2.gif

Fox and Crow is very good. Very fun reading. Mark Evanier had a LONG column on his POV site about the comic, but the link is dead, I think because he reprinted that material in one of his books.

Sugar and Spike, dang-it, I have never read 893frustrated.gif I've wanted too but have never gotten a copy in my hands for one reason or another. I *almost* bought on at the Chicago con, but that will have to wait for my dealer stories post to go into that...

Francis the Talking Mule.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif