• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unexpected Spectre from Mexico

16 posts in this topic

Hey all, I posted this in the Sig Room earlier and just wanted to share it here too. (thumbs u

Good afternoon CGC board members. :hi:

I was actually going to put this off until I managed to reel in a couple more books but since this is my 3000th post I though it would be a great way to make it memorable and possibly raise awareness about the aspect of this hobby of ours that I enjoy so much.

I've been working on completing runs of Neal Adams and Bernie Wrightson covers from other countries. The one country that has probably the greatest amount of US material published is Mexico. One publisher specifically, Editorial Novaro, put out an absolutely staggering amount of DC material from the Silver Age through the mid 1980s. Finally after a little over three years I have completed two of the runs I've been working so diligently to complete. I'm very close to being done with a few more but these are the first ones finished. I'm fairly confident they're probably the only runs of their type in the US.

Now... on with the show!

Spectre

Granted there's only four Adams covers in this run but, ask anyone who knows foreign books, these are very difficult books to find.

th_Spectre2Mexico_zpscfb4d608.jpgth_Spectre3Mexico_zpsf44e6a26.jpgth_Spectre4bMexico_zps1a3ceb11.jpgth_Spectre5Mexico_zpsfb848052.jpg

Unexpected

Again not a large run, only nine books with Adams covers but it still took over three years to track down copies of them all.

th_Unexpected104Mexico.jpgth_Unexpected110Mexico_zpsf7db1153.jpgth_Unexpected112Mexico_zps0e91e123.jpgth_Unexpected113Mexico.jpgth_Unexpected114Mexico_zps4d38d915.jpg

th_Unexpected115Mexico_zpsb9a0e66e.jpgth_Unexpected118Mexico_zpsfae6ee98.jpgth_Unexpected121Mexico_zps7fb524da.jpgth_Unexpected124Mexico_zps3c13a285.jpg

:banana:3000 :banana:

Congrats! What got you into collecting neal adams and wrightson foreign books?
Well... I've been a huge fan of both for many, many years. A while back I picked up a French/Canadian copy of Batman #251 on a whim and it just kind of snowballed from there. I started digging into what's out there and have been snapping them up ever since. I also wanted to have a collection that couldn't be duplicated. Even with tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend there's books I've been lucky enough to find that you're not going to see in the grades I have them regardless of how much you spend.

Is there a reason your spamming this post in multiple forums.

You even posted it in signature forum and it is not signatured

And its in bronze as well

I bet they are illegal imports

wordpress-spam-plugins-300x300.png

And its in bronmze as well

lol You canadians and your senses of humor lol

1) The one was posted in the Sig Room because many of the people on here I interact with are regulars there but don't venture into CG.

2) The one in CG was so people who might be interested to see it would have the chance since a lot of people don't go into the Sig Room.

3) How is it in any way not fitting to post it in the Bronze Horror thread?

4) Here's a flower for you to plant where it will be well fertilized. Have a lovely day. :foryou:

Hey Leroy, David Burns here.

Nice focus, must be hard to hunt those down.

How about telling us some about your new collection find, sounds interesting!

Not sure if that's some sort of reference I don't get but I'm not Leroy. (shrug)

As for new finds... they're almost always posted here. (thumbs u

1) The one was posted in the Sig Room because many of the people on here I interact with are regulars there but don't venture into CG.

2) The one in CG was so people who might be interested to see it would have the chance since a lot of people don't go into the Sig Room.

4) Here's a flower for you to plant where it will be well fertilized. Have a lovely day. :foryou:

Spam is Spam. If people dont want to read your thread in a spot it belongs dont be a baby and span multi post it else where.

Spam is Spam. If people dont want to read your thread in a spot it belongs dont be a baby and span multi post it else where.

I didn't post it in multiple places because no one was reading it where it was. It seemed logical to put it in a couple of places based on the fact that not everyone checks out all the areas on the boards.

You can put this one with the first one. :foryou: Remember... it needs fertilizer. Oh and :troll:

I didn't post it in multiple places because no one was reading it where it was. It seemed logical to put it in a couple of places based on the fact that not everyone checks out all the areas on the boards.

You can put this one with the first one. :foryou: Remember... it needs fertilizer. Oh and :troll:

Wrap a turd in warped logic it's still a turd

Wrap a turd in warped logic it's still a turd

Tell you what Ares, how about this: Report my threads to the mods. If they determine any one or even all of them to be spam they can delete them, that's their choice. I don't see sharing information in a case where you're not looking to sell or buy something as spam and I'm guessing they wouldn't either. You're the only one with any complaints so until you report the threads just shut the :censored: up and quit trolling.