• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first con, and my first offering...

67 posts in this topic

OK, sent all the shipping info I've gotten thus far to Brock. I'm still waiting on a few more, so if you asked for a copy earlier in the thread and we haven't PMd yet, let's get 'er done!

For anyone who wants to see the rest of the story and didn't want to spring for the postage for a hard copy, stay tuned to Golden Hour Comics. We'll be posting one page per day, starting today with the cover. Here it is:

KL_Cover_net_zpsafcecb91.png

The first half, I've already posted here, but we've gone back and cleaned up those pages, too. The other half, I definitely haven't posted yet, and I can't wait for you folks to see it in its finished form.

The link to our site is in my sig, so follow us if you want to see the rest of the story. I promise you wont be disappointed!

Brock is still working on getting those comics mailed out soon, so if you haven't heard from him about PP shipping, hang tight.

I promised myself that I wouldn't post here again until after we posted all of the pages, but I'm breaking my self-promise since the books haven't gone out yet. The pages can be found @ Golden Hour Comics for those that care.

I got to see Greggy, Dale Roberts, & Dr. Watson in person, but I'm pretty sure they threw away my books after they thought I was gone. One of my amigos watched DR's booth afterwards, and later told me that 'The Asian guy pulled your books away from the boxes, and dropped 'em on the floor."

Oh, Greggy. :cloud9:

meh, it was Sunday, I don't blame 'em if they did. Less drek to lug around.

I also got to meet some SCAD professors, made some contacts with other creators at their booths, and in general had an awesome time. The creators I met that saw our book had a really positive response, which was really gratifying; usually if your stuff sucks, they will let you know. We even met a Marvel editor (though we didn't know that at the time, we were just chatting him up at the pizza place). He seemed to dig our stuff, but Pat made sure to let him know that we aren't out to build a relationship with one of the big two, we're out to do it independently.

Brock is still working on getting those comics mailed out soon, so if you haven't heard from him about PP shipping, hang tight.

I promised myself that I wouldn't post here again until after we posted all of the pages, but I'm breaking my self-promise since the books haven't gone out yet. The pages can be found @ Golden Hour Comics for those that care.

I got to see Greggy, Dale Roberts, & Dr. Watson in person, but I'm pretty sure they threw away my books after they thought I was gone. One of my amigos watched DR's booth afterwards, and later told me that 'The Asian guy pulled your books away from the boxes, and dropped 'em on the floor."

Oh, Greggy. :cloud9:

I also got to meet some SCAD professors, made some contacts with other creators at their booths, and in general had an awesome time. The creators I met that saw our book had a really positive response, which was really gratifying; usually if your stuff sucks, they will let you know. We even met a Marvel editor (though we didn't know that at the time, we were just chatting him up at the pizza place). He seemed to dig our stuff, but Pat made sure to let him know that we aren't out to build a relationship with one of the big two, we're out to do it independently.

No, Greggy didn't do that. Seriously. He actually pulled the nicest 2 copies to take home with him. In case you haven't heard, he is a collector.

I would guess the ones left at the end of the show got thrown away. I don't deal in or collect modern books at all, and I certainly don't need anymore stuff to haul around.

Heh, by the time I ran across your booth, I was tired of carrying the damn things around. I was basically handing them to you saying, Here,you throw these away! If Greggy kept two, that's two more than I honestly expected to walk away from that booth. I didn't mean to sound like sour grapes at all. It was nice meeting you, Watson, & Greggy. Maybe next time I see you I won't be so exhausted, and can buy you all a drink after the con closes. :wishluck:

Heh, by the time I ran across your booth, I was tired of carrying the damn things around. I was basically handing them to you saying, Here,you throw these away! If Greggy kept two, that's two more than I honestly expected to walk away from that booth. I didn't mean to sound like sour grapes at all. It was nice meeting you, Watson, & Greggy. Maybe next time I see you I won't be so exhausted, and can buy you all a drink after the con closes. :wishluck:

I think 5 or 6 walked away from the booth. I know I personally gave 2 or 3 to a group that came up to the booth.

I think 5 or 6 walked away from the booth. I know I personally gave 2 or 3 to a group that came up to the booth.

Thanks Dale, I really appreciate that. :cloud9:

OK, from what I understand, Brock has gotten in touch with everyone who wanted a copy and will be shipping them soon (thanks again, Brock!).

For those that just wanted to read it online, we have the entire comic set up as a Javascript flip comic now. Just mouse over the upper corners of the page to go forward and back. It even makes a nifty sound when you turn the page. :)

Check it out!