• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Packaging Techniques

28 posts in this topic

My technique:

CGC Books:

[*] Wrap thin foam around slab

[*] Sandwich between thick cardboard

[*] Wrap with another layer of thin foam

[*] Insert into Priority box

[*] Surround completly with foam peanuts

[*] Seal and ship

Raw books

[*] Insert book in fresh bag with backer board

[*] Sandwich between thick cardboard

[*] Insert into Priority box

[*] Surround completly with foam peanuts

[*] Seal and ship

Easiest and cheapest way to ship CGC comics:

Crumple up newspaper and put in in the bottom of priority mail box.

Put in CGC comic.

Crumple up newspaper and put in on the sides of the comic.

Crumple up newspaper and put in on top of priority mail box.

That's it. TOTALLY secure, and free. Never had one come back damaged.

Boy, wished I lived in USA so I could get free USPS boxes.

I wish you could, too. It's an amazing resource and I'm extremely grateful to them for it. It's incredible to have an unlimited source of boxes in many sizes, and of envelopes and packing tape. I have no idea what I'd do without them.

-- Joanna

i think everybody should use the bubble wrap and a lot of it,out of all the cases i have had cracked(and it has been a !@#$ing lot) almost every time there was no bubble wrap.i think the best way imo is just have a lot of the bubble and not the cardboard. wink.gif

or you can use the destruction proof packaging. Wrap CGC slabbed book in plastic wrap, put wrapped book into a ziplock. Spray a little of that expanding foam stuff into the bottom of a box, as it is expanding stick the wrapped book into the foam, centered in the box so it stands up. Then just fill the box with some more of the spray foam, trim foam at the top of the box and ship. grin.gif

Even BoBo the postal gorilla cant hurt it. Hardest part is getting it back out of the foam. crazy.gif

Last week I received ONE CGC book from a guy (I'll have to find his name), but for $5 he shipped it via UPS in a box 3 ft long, 1.5 ft deep, and 1.5ft across, stuffed with more peanuts than a Snickers bar, AND it was in a bubble-wrap envelope! Crazy! Great, but crazy!