• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man #130-#140

22 posts in this topic

Can I get some feedback? Looking for a good starting bid or final reserve price for this run of 11 issuesof Amazing Spider-man.

#130 NM

#131 VF+

#132 VF+

#133 VF/NM

#134 VF+

#135 NM

#136 FN

#137 VF

#138 VF/NM

#139 VF/NM

#140 NM

any feedback is greatly appreciated. laugh.gif

If you are going to have a reserve price,why not start the auction at 1 cent?

Without seeing the books and not knowing how you grade,there's not enough information for a final reserve price.No insult intended,but way too many e-bay sellers VFs are more like VG and NMs are really Fines. I'm not saying this is the case,at all,but without scans,and having no prior experiances with you it is impossible to make a judgement call. Pleae be sure to post a link as I'd be interested in bidding.

No offence taken what so ever. i in fact, agree. there are examples of the first four issues in the run here Amazing Spider-man (fronts only) #130-#133 if you are interested to see if I have graded them properly. I have been quite accurate lately. I would appreciate any feedback that you could provide, i take all criticism constructively. I don't grade quite as hard as CGC but I try to never overgrade.

I think the #130 is the highest grade and best overall issue.

laugh.gif

Got the same sort of grades for books in the 140s? =) My 140s are uuuuugly.

Start the bidding at 99 cents. Set the reserve at 40-50% or so of guide value as you can't really expect more than 70% or so of book value on raw ebay books.

Start the bidding at 99 cents. Set the reserve at 40-50% or so of guide value as you can't really expect more than 70% or so of book value on raw ebay books.

If these books are really VF or better, I disagree. He will get full guide for them if he lists them with big scans and grades them accurately. Spideys from #130-140 sell very well in my experience.

If these books are really VF or better, I disagree. He will get full guide for them if he lists them with big scans and grades them accurately. Spideys from #130-140 sell very well in my experience.

I just bought two lots off of Jim awe4one of Spideys in the 126-148 range. Eight books in VF and didn't pay close to guide. Ebay prices seem to be way down last two months or so. Its a buyers market right now.Guess the combination of major conventions and peoples vacatins has caused this.

I just bought two lots off of Jim awe4one of Spideys in the 126-148 range. Eight books in VF and didn't pay close to guide. Ebay prices seem to be way down last two months or so. Its a buyers market right now.Guess the combination of major conventions and peoples vacatins has caused this.

Calm-Mix got a pretty good price for these dogs.

You have to ignore his given grades and look at the scans (all were overgraded and most have ugly distributor ink markings and visible spine wear/crunched corners). $150 BIN for this lot was a pretty good realized price.

You have to ignore his given grades and look at the scans (all were overgraded and most have ugly distributor ink markings and visible spine wear/crunched corners). $150 BIN for this lot was a pretty good realized price.

The run is this posted auction had comics that were all clearly lower grade than the ones I am selling. and another thing i noticed was that the auction lasted 11 minutes, and the first bidder won. Either that auction was fixed or rigged...OR that run is worth much than $150, especially if the comics are high grade.

Were you saying that MY issues were overgraded or the issues in the posted ebay auction?

this is my run ASM #130-#133 & #136-#140 Some near mint copies!

The winner of that auction I do believe is a forum member, and a frequent calm-mix shopper. Calm-mix's Gs are often Fs and his VFNM are often higher. I've grabbed more than a few lots of his myself.

He sets lowish Buy It Nows on his books. This one was 150.

The run is this posted auction had comics that were all clearly lower grade than the ones I am selling. and another thing i noticed was that the auction lasted 11 minutes, and the first bidder won. Either that auction was fixed or rigged...OR that run is worth much than $150, especially if the comics are high grade.

Were you saying that MY issues were overgraded or the issues in the posted ebay auction?

this is my run ASM #130-#133 & #136-#140 Some near mint copies!

I was talking about the books in the Calm-Mix auction. I have already told you that I agree with your grading on your books. foreheadslap.gif

The winner of that auction I do believe is a forum member, and a frequent calm-mix shopper. Calm-mix's Gs are often Fs and his VFNM are often higher. I've grabbed more than a few lots of his myself.

He sets lowish Buy It Nows on his books. This one was 150.

Calm-Mix has a good reputation and has been known to undergrade from time to time, but these books are all clearly overgraded when you look at the scans. Of course, the price was right on the books, so whatever.

Calm-mix seems to be living off his reputation lately.

Most of his books I've tracked lately have way too much distributors ink for the grades he lists.That gravy train seems to have left the station,imo.

My lots I got from Jim Wilk were a 126 and131-133 in VF for 14.99(only bidder) and a lot of 4 other bronze VF-

Spideys for 9.99,again the only bidder.

In addition,I recently won quite a few lots from Donut as the sole bidder. These are two sellers with outstanding feedback and proven grading skills.

I'm not sure this is the best time for lowfeedback sellers to be trying to sell HG books.But,again,please be sure to list them here,as I am certainly interested.

Most of his books I've tracked lately have way too much distributors ink for the grades he lists.That gravy train seems to have left the station,imo.

My lots I got from Jim Wilk were a 126 and131-133 in VF for 14.99(only bidder) and a lot of 4 other bronze VF-

In addition,I recently won quite a few lots from Donut as the sole bidder. These are two sellers with outstanding feedback and proven grading skills.

I'm not sure this is the best time for lowfeedback sellers to be trying to sell HG books.But,again,please be sure to list them here,as I am certainly interested.

Wow Shad, you got a great deal on those!!! foreheadslap.gif

My bid was for more(but not way more) but as the only bidder,I got them for his starting bid.I'm cutting my own throat but watch for Jim's auctions.Quality stuff.I think a lot of buyers might be scared off by the APO mailing address.

Those ASMs you bought were originally obtained from Calm-Mix....

And as far as Calm-Mix.....his better copies are destined for CGC slabs. The days of getting true raw VF/NM comics from him at BIN prices are probably gone....

Jim

i have XM #94(s) with distro ink 9.4. its not such a big factor