• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Heroes RPG

70 posts in this topic

The Marvel Heroes game goes live tomorrow, if you want to play for free. If you purchase a founders pack before the day ends (which gives you a number of heroes and costumes) you can start playing right now.

It's basically Diablo in the Marvel Universe. I am enjoying it quite a bit. There are some great hero choices. So far I've played a bit of Spider-man, Wolverine, Jean Grey, and Hulk. All were fun characters to play as. Jean gets Phoenix powers at a pretty early level, which is pretty awesome.

My in game name is techvoodoo, if anyone wants to group up feel free to message me.

http://www.marvelheroes.com/

Just tried out Rocket Raccoon and Cable. Both were fun characters to play. So far I haven't been disappointed with any of the characters I've tried. Now I just have to decide which one I want to play through the story first.

It's a lot of fun. If you like Diablo style games, you'll love this.

If you want to play for free, you can choose 1 character from the list of:

Thing

Hawkeye

Daredevil

Storm

Scarlet Witch

You pick the free character you want, and play a introduction quest. At the conclusion of that you are given, at random, another free character from that list. You can play the entire game for free this way.

If you want to play as other characters however you have to purchase them. For 1 more day you can buy "founders packs" off the website, that range in price depending on what characters and costumes you get but it's cheaper than buying them through the ingame store individually. I think after tomorrow the founders packs won't be available anymore, and then you can only purchase characters through the ingame store.

Also if you don't purchase any of the Founders Packs, I think you can't actually start playing until the open release day tomorrow, the 4th of June. For the last few days, they are letting people that purchased stuff play before the official open release.

So is there any benefit to getting the founders pack now since the game launches tomorrow?

I think after the launch you can't buy the founders packs anymore. And it's much cheaper to buy a founders pack than to buy the characters individually through the in game store.

The in game currency is just called "G". you can buy 2100G for 19.99 (around $1 per 100 basically). Wolverine cost 1200G, Deadpool Cost 2000G, I think Cable was 900G. The cheapest characters cost 600G and the most expensive cost 2000G.

Costumes, and there are a bunch, also cost "G". I forget what they go for exactly. The founders packs come with some costumes generally, depending on what you pick. They are a good value if you see a pack that has characters you like.

So is there any benefit to getting the founders pack now since the game launches tomorrow?

I think after the launch you can't buy the founders packs anymore. And it's much cheaper to buy a founders pack than to buy the characters individually through the in game store.

So for $20 you get a handful of B list. The A list guys are no longer available.

Is it really going to cost over $20 to buy a single character once it launches tomorrow?

I'm trying to see a benefit in buying a $20 B-lister today when I can buy an A lister tomorrow.

I went for the 59.99 pack, that included Wolverine, Spiderman, Punisher, and Black Panther. That came with 2 different costumes for each character as well, and it came with 3000G extra to spend at the ingame store (so I bought a few more characters with that). The 20$ packs aren't so great. The 60$ pack I thought was a good value.

You also can't go wrong playing a free character and then just spending $20 bucks on some "G" and buying 1 or 2 characters either.

never played a mmo game before so i wanna give it ago before spending cash, also im only on a laptop, will it be too hard to play with the intergrated mouse?

I don't think I'd like playing it without a real mouse. I'd run to walmart or best buy and pick up a cheap USB mouse. You have to click on the enemy's to attack them. There is a lot of mouse clicking.

So can you earn in-game currency by finding and selling items?

So say you could earn enough by playing to unlock new characters?

So can you earn in-game currency by finding and selling items?

So say you could earn enough by playing to unlock new characters?

I don't know about that. Maybe that is something that happens at the higher levels? I have just played several characters for a few levels each to try and decide which one I want to play through the whole campaign first.