• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Heroes RPG

70 posts in this topic

Anyone still playing this game?

I play a few hours a week and almost every time I launch I have to download like a gigabyte for a new patch.

I like them keeping the game updated, but holy mess, man. :facepalm:

Anyone still playing this game?

I play a few hours a week and almost every time I launch I have to download like a gigabyte for a new patch.

I like them keeping the game updated, but holy mess, man. :facepalm:

I'm still playing a bit. I got Wolverine through the story campaign and found the end game content to be pretty bad, so I don't think I'll bother leveling him past level 32 or whatever I got to. I started leveling Spider-man and going through the campaign again.

I hope they add some higher level content soon because the few options that are in the game now aren't interesting to me, but I have a handful of characters to level up still so that will keep me occupied for a while.

I bought Ms Marvel but have picked up Thing, Hawkeye and Daredevil through game play.

Wish I could pick up someone cool like Wolverine. :cry:

I beat Dr Doom the last time I played and got Hawkeye. I don't know what content is left after Doom.

I noticed that they added some new campaigns but I have not tried them yet.

They have a special running in the store until July 8th where they've cut the prices on all characters and almost all of the costumes.

I am still playing and enjoying the game. There is not a whole lot of content right now, but it is still early in the games life. With the practically infinite story lines available to Gaz, I would imagine that content updates will be consistent thing in the future. Or at least, one would hope:p

Have they ported it for the Mac yet? Is it a lot like DC Universe Online, or do people playing it feel it is different?

No mac os news as of yet that I've seen.

I haven't played DCUO so I can't give a direct comparison to that but I have seen a bit about DCUO and that is more similar to a typical MMORPG like WoW, in game play, if I'm not mistaken?

Marvel Heroes really plays just like Diablo 2 and all the Action RPG clones of it.

Have they ported it for the Mac yet? Is it a lot like DC Universe Online, or do people playing it feel it is different?

No mac os news as of yet that I've seen.

I haven't played DCUO so I can't give a direct comparison to that but I have seen a bit about DCUO and that is more similar to a typical MMORPG like WoW, in game play, if I'm not mistaken?

Marvel Heroes really plays just like Diablo 2 and all the Action RPG clones of it.

This is correct. Marvel heroes is a Diablo clone. DCUO is an MMO.

Personally, I think DCUO is great. Since New 52, it's also the only place the previous DC Universe still exists - since it began its own storylines prior to New 52, they have continued, so it's all done in the pre-New 52 DCU. Which is pretty cool.

I actually have a Marvel Super Heroes RPG played with dice (a la Dungeons and Dragons). I've had it since the 80s, but I've never played it because I could never talk anyone else into playing.

I had this one, but I don't know what happened to it over the years.

image.jpg

Downloaded this earlier in the week and have been giving it a try...

First impressions - it seems rather easy. Although that may just be the character I selected (Thing). I'm mid-way through Chapter 4 using just my two starting skills... Sooner or later I'll have to start allocating those skill points...

I unlocked Hawkeye along the way, so I might try him out to see if there's a bit more challenge. I'm not sure if I'll put any money into this game unless it proves to be a bit more challenging.

I'm in-game as "Lokiator" (as usual) if anyone is looking for a team-mate.

They put out a new patch and content update for the Marvel Heroes game. They added a new higher level zone, Midtown Manhattan, which is pretty fun and a good source for gear and for leveling your character after having completed the story.

They also added a new tier of loot, Cosmic items. They offer additional stat bonuses and powers/effects.

They also seemed to have cleaned up some of the issues that melee heroes had, where it was basically impossible to get into combat range and not get 1 shot killed by a number of bosses. Since I've primarily been playing Spiderman and Wolverine, this was nice for me.

Human Torch was released in this patch.

A new item called Eternity Splinters drops, and it's at a pretty frequent rate. I've found about 100 in the last day or two of playing. You can turn them in to unlock heroes, most heroes cost around 400-600 Splinters. So for the people that don't want to spend cash they have an alternative.

Also a lot of heroes have had their powers tweaked and buffed, to many to name.

Sounds like a good patch. Was Dr Doom the last boss? I never found any content after that.

I stopped playing because I'm not going to give them any more money just to unlock heroes and the content is pretty limited.

Fun game, but it's monotonous to say the least.

Sounds like a good patch. Was Dr Doom the last boss? I never found any content after that.

I stopped playing because I'm not going to give them any more money just to unlock heroes and the content is pretty limited.

Fun game, but it's monotonous to say the least.

After Dr. Doom the story is over. There are some computer terminals in Avengers tower (and Xaviers school, Hellicarrier). At those terminals you can do a number of things after you finish the story.

There are 2 terminals that offer varying difficulties of daily quests. They are either easy (green terminal) or hard (red terminal). The quests are basically just running though the boss fights that you did through out the story. As a reward you are given "Cube Shards" which can be turned in for a Fortune Card. Fortune Cards, when used, give you free stuff like costumes, pets, or mundane things like experience boosts.

There is another terminal that is for a question called the Madripoor Group Challenge. I've only done this once, it's pretty hard and a full group is recommended. You can do that repeatedly for experience points and loot.

Now there is an additional terminal for the Midtown Manhattan zone they just added. That zone is just an open city with tons and tons of bad guys to kill, and every 10 or 15 minutes a villian or group of villians show up and everyone in the zone goes and kills them. The items/loot they drop are very good and you can get a ton of experience/levels in this zone just wandering around destroying everything.

Unfortunately, there is no new story line or campaign type content yet though. All the higher level content in the game is repetitive/farming type content that you just grind though to get your characters leveled up and geared. That's typical of MMO type games though.

Yeah, I did a few of the terminal dailies then logged in a few days later and it wouldn't let me do them so I just stopped playing.

That's been probably a few months ago.

Yeah, I did a few of the terminal dailies then logged in a few days later and it wouldn't let me do them so I just stopped playing.

That's been probably a few months ago.

I had a similar issue. I think there was a bug/glitch. I just reset my mission log back to the 8th chapter and killed Dr. Doom again and it opened all the daily terminal quests back up for me.