• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK trailer...what did u think?

18 posts in this topic

My biased opinion was that the movie's gonna rock! However, you're right...the CGI Hulk wasn't overwhelming. I didn't think the CGI Spidey was overwhelming either, but thought the movie was great. This post needs a poll!

I don't think CGI will ever look 'real'.

I would not be so sure about that, CGI is getting closer and closer to real looking figures and is only maybe two or three years away from the real deal.

I do agree that the Hulk is some way off from a realistic look, but I too think that it will look a whole lot better overall that a pumped up guy painted green.

I just hope that they are not relying too much on the CGI Hulk to carry the film, as the lack of a kick- super-villain seems to indicate.

This may be a factor that drags the movie down. I hope not though as the trailer looks pretty good, and the Hulk should be better than the DD flick.

The Daredevil trailers just keep getting better and better.

What makes you say that?

To me it just looks like a bad combo of the Matrix & Blade. Nothing new there at all. Superhero flick by numbers if ever I saw one.

At least the Hulk promises to offer something different to the genre. I think it will be a good, solid film, IF you can get past the CGI.

At first glance, my disappointment is more with the choice of the film studio in producing a "rushed" promotional trailer. In some cases, a "teaser" may well do the job of capturing an audience of bowl viewers, but that trailer may well backfire on the studios efforts. I think they were counting on high volume consumption of alcohol by kick-off to intensify the effect of that teaser.

Having produced CGI animation at a high level, I can say that nothing is more shocking than to see the difference a CGI cleanup can do at the post-production level. The "darkened" and "blurring" CGI we all saw is one of the tradeoffs with combining CGI animation sequences with live-action. Usually, those sequences are cleaned-up through labs like deluxe; in many cases, "cleaning-up" or post production work on a film is performed when 99% of the film's scenes are approved, and its usually cutting close to the movies release. So its perfectly understandable to see CGI look so terrible at this point in the movie's development. Why the film studio decided to use these "raw" sequences, blow the budget, and shove this into the faces of 44% of North American homes is beyond me.

The best way to describe the effect of combining CGI with live-action is the old "blue" background used by hollywood to pull off a special effect like Superman flying the blue sky -- I'm sure we all saw the "making" of Superman at some time or another -- you know the old trick when you get Christopher Reeves to lay flat on a platform, and the background behind him is completely blue. Adding the footage into a blue sky live-action sequence makes it blend in cleanly. CGI blends into live-action are not that much different; they are usually created with a "blue" or "transparent" background, so as to create clean blends into a live-action scene. Although most of this is done digitally now, this is likely one of the main reasons why the producers took some creative liberties in choosing " purple " as the hulks hair colour -- as the dark black, emerald lighted hair we are used to seeing is a terribly difficult combination of colours to blend into a live-action sequence.

Nonetheless, that poor excuse of a trailer could have been avoided, and it would have served just as well for the super-bowl viewers to see that teaser that was used in the Spider-Man movie. Despite all this, I'm hopeful that the movie will be far more entertaining than that trailer seems to reveal. Too bad I can't say the same for Daredevil.. man, that movie looks more and more like its just going to squeeze by the success of the Punisher movie, but if my prediction is correct, it will rank well below Blades movie success. frown.gif

No problem on the physics end...the centrifugal forces would far outweigh any shear force on the tank barrell. Think of swinging a yo-yo around your head on the end of a string...

It just didn't seem "real" to me

"real"? How can you base the Hulk in real life? what is he to be based on ? People can say "oh too much CGI" Would you people rather a bodybuilder in green paint? The old TV show didn't look "real"people whine because they don't make movies like the comics and here is on as close as ur gonna get and people STILL whine over it.Looks like it's gonna kick if you ask me..DD looks gay more than just about any other comic film out there right now..gee... red leather and a villain whos bald with a scar on his forehead.When the Hulk picked up the tank and swung it around and threw it into next week...that was soooo awesome,i couldn't stop laughing....again Just like the comics!

BTW,if you people wanna see Jennifer Connelly's breasts,rent the movie "The Hot Spot" she gets naked about an hour and a half into it. tongue.gif

take it easy shuley76.......Sure maybe the rest of the movie will carry the CGI Hulk. I hope it does. But in Spider-Man it looked beleiveable as did the Matrix. The Matrix Reloaded will make a ton o $. DD will do ok, not great. XMEN 2 will do really well. Hulk is still up in the air IMO. I hope it does great. I want it to but after seeing the trailer....i have doubts. And comiclink has a JIM #87 in 9.2 waiting for u.