• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highest $$ Recorded sale of a Copper/Modern Comic?

34 posts in this topic

Since you are including copper, last year a 9.8 TMNT #1 hit a final hammer price of $22,750 in Pedigree auctions. It turned out to be a 3rd print mislabeled as a 1st by CGC but they (CGC) found him a real 1st print and made good with the buyer (not sure how). But as far as we know the money did change hands and a 1st print #1 was eventually delivered to the buyer so the sale is legit.

Wow, I would have been furious. Did CGC actually get him a 9.8?

Well if you read the post you would have learned that they did. People wonder why they think I'm a troll, it's cause of posts like this is why I respond the way I do. :frustrated::pullhair:

Since you are including copper, last year a 9.8 TMNT #1 hit a final hammer price of $22,750 in Pedigree auctions. It turned out to be a 3rd print mislabeled as a 1st by CGC but they (CGC) found him a real 1st print and made good with the buyer (not sure how). But as far as we know the money did change hands and a 1st print #1 was eventually delivered to the buyer so the sale is legit.

Wow, I would have been furious. Did CGC actually get him a 9.8?

Well if you read the post you would have learned that they did. People wonder why they think I'm a troll, it's cause of posts like this is why I respond the way I do. :frustrated::pullhair:

Since CGC is not exactly a neutral 3rd party in that transaction, couldn't they have taken a 9.4 or a 9.6 and upgraded it to a 9.8 to settle the issue? I'm not saying they did, but it is possible since I'm sure there aren't 9.8 just lying around for that particular issue.

Wait until the NM98 10.0 sells then you will have your highest recorded sale for copper/modern age.

Yean, that's gonna' be nuts.

With all the hype, it's possible that the 10.0 could break 23K. Unlikely, but possible.

Anyone know what the highest $$ recorded sale was of a Copper/Modern comic?

Was the New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12k (2009) the most anyone's spent on a Copper/Modern slab?

Recent Walking Dead #1s in 9.9 are getting close ($10k-$11k), but is anything higher?

Here is the link to the Walking Dead $10,000. I would buy Amazing Fantasy $15 myself in lower grade.

New Mutants 98 CGC 10.0 is gonna be the highest recorded sale. Just give it about a month or two. :)

is there are NM98 CGC 10 going up for auction/sale? link please?

Happened this past August. The story is in the link in the post just above yours.