• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

22,396 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2024 at 8:28 PM, Robot Man said:

Here you go,,,

comjourneyintofearrun.jpg

commysteriesweirdstrangerun.jpg

comstrangemysteriesrun.jpg

Since you have complete runs of Farrell and Superior books, would you agree that the Superior covers are a little more wonky?  I've only seen a small amount of interior pages from Superior books.  Are they the same quality level as Farrell?

Edited by *paull*

On 9/16/2024 at 12:53 PM, *paull* said:

Are they the same quality level as Farrell?

They are, in all seriousness, superior.

On 9/17/2024 at 11:17 AM, Robot Man said:

Most of them. I am missing some pre code JIM and ST. The last 3 Venus, Marvel Tales 95 and a few other lessor ones. I doubt I will ever really finish these off at this point. 

The only 3 Venus' I have are the last 3. Someone keeps trying to get my 19 off me. The only one missing from his run.

On 9/16/2024 at 9:53 AM, *paull* said:

Since you have complete runs of Farrell and Superior books, would you agree that the Superior covers are a little more wonky?  I've only seen a small amount of interior pages from Superior books.  Are they the same quality level as Farrell?

Personally, I prefer the Farrell line more. But the Superior line sure pegs the meter for quirkiness. 

On 9/18/2024 at 10:30 PM, comicnoir said:

The only 3 Venus' I have are the last 3. Someone keeps trying to get my 19 off me. The only one missing from his run.

I have the sci fi ones but for some reason I just seemed to miss out on the last 3. Back in the day they were a bit uncommon. But time caught up as did the prices.