• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,284 posts in this topic

Great books Angelo :applause:

And, they looked even better in person...at least the ones I got to see...

Thanks Steve. I got a kick out of showing them off. They couldn't compare with your Timelys and MLJs, though. Awesome books you picked up (thumbs u

Again from Ted. I've seen this book posted here a few times and wanted a copy. Fortunately I found a pretty nice one

WeirdChills2.jpg

:applause: You won't have any buyer's remorse any time you take it out. It's an outstanding copy. Congrats again!!

UncannyTales4Crippen.jpg

Should I even bother to say what pedigree this is from? Saw this posted here and loved the quirkiness of the cover

Is it from the Neppirc pedigree? hm

Again from Ted. I've seen this book posted here a few times and wanted a copy. Fortunately I found a pretty nice one

WeirdChills2.jpg

Were there any pch comics left after you were done?

Sounds like you had a fun time at the show.

This is a cover that always gets a laugh when I show it to non-comic collecting people.

Nice Spook. Almost bought that one from Steve Ritter when I was in SD. [/quote

I was contemplating if I should or shouldn't, so I just caved in and bought it

:applause:

That was from John McLaughlin's collection that was sold last September so it's had very few owners. From Chuck to John to Steve to you. The colors are quite beautiful on a very under-rated LB Cole cover.

WeirdChills2.jpg

:applause: You won't have any buyer's remorse any time you take it out. It's an outstanding copy. Congrats again!!

Thanks, Michael. After doing somw research this morning, I think I made a good purchase on a great book. Thanks again for your help (thumbs u

WeirdChills2.jpg

Were there any pch comics left after you were done?

Sounds like you had a fun time at the show.

This is a cover that always gets a laugh when I show it to non-comic collecting people.

It's funny you should mention that. Not only did Ted have some amazing books, but Bob Storms had some sweet HG pre-codes. I was stunned. I really need to check his site more thoroughly next time.

Very Impressive Angelo! Made my eyes go buggy! Nice to see your enthusiasm about them too! How were the prices? I remember when I Stopped collecting them the 1st time and began my focus on bronze it was ridiculous to the point that the crappiest run pre code horror book at a show would be $50, and I just got tired of it. I recently noticed how soft the prices have been so I began buying them again.

Very Impressive Angelo! Made my eyes go buggy! Nice to see your enthusiasm about them too! How were the prices? I remember when I Stopped collecting them the 1st time and began my focus on bronze it was ridiculous to the point that the crappiest run pre code horror book at a show would be $50, and I just got tired of it. I recently noticed how soft the prices have been so I began buying them again.

Your probably going to pay more at a con for quality books. The books I got from Stephen Ritter were via trade except the Tomb Of Terror & TMIH #12. The TMIH 12 is a midgrade (4.0-ish) that presents much better. Same with the TOT. I refer to those (and the Mister Mystery 18) as my "Andy" books, I went for books that presented better than their grade. The books I bought from Richard were via trade, also. There was a great deal of pch at the con, but prices were pretty out of wack for low-to-mid grade copies. One dealer had a 6.5/7.0 Thing! #17 for $450. Stuff like that.

Great books Angelo! Man, you dive in head first don't you? hm

So did you leave any PCH books for the rest of us meger collectors?

I left quite a bit for everyone to indulge :grin: . Like I said, Ted has delved into his personal collection and pulled some stunning books that hadn't seen the light of day in many years. He had incredible Startling Terror #10 & 13, Tomb Of Terror #16, Black Cat Mystery #36. The colors were so vibrant on the ST's it was amazing to look at. Ted was telling that he has a seller that will sell him HG pch a couple of books at a time. My TMIH #4 came from that seller. Bob Storms had some stunning HG pch books. Surprised me. And Richard (Evans) had sweet books. Dale Roberts had brought his pch collection there and had some nice books. There's enough for everybody, believe me.