• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

22,413 posts in this topic

Ditko baby....not much else to say. You guys know what this book is. :devil:

All scuffs are on the holder....not the book.

Scott

There's a worm on your book! :baiting:

Simply stunning copy, congrats! (worship):o(worship)

From the CLink auction

Astonishing8CGCFN.jpg

Angelo

Very nice. (thumbs u That's one of 3 comics that I can think of that have a "drowning" horror theme (World's of Fear 9 and Mr Mystery 13) but I'll bet there are a few more. The original art for that does exist and I even had a chance to purchase it at a San Diego Con. Whatever the price was, it seemed high at the time but probably much cheaper than it would be to buy it now (not that it's for sale).

From the CLink auction

Astonishing8CGCFN.jpg

Angelo

Very nice. (thumbs u That's one of 3 comics that I can think of that have a "drowning" horror theme (World's of Fear 9 and Mr Mystery 13) but I'll bet there are a few more. The original art for that does exist and I even had a chance to purchase it at a San Diego Con. Whatever the price was, it seemed high at the time but probably much cheaper than it would be to buy it now (not that it's for sale).

Actually, a board member recently purchased it. He had a thread in OA where he showed it off. Amazing (worship):cloud9:

From the CLink auction

Astonishing8CGCFN.jpg

Angelo

Actually, a board member recently purchased it. He had a thread in OA where he showed it off. Amazing (worship):cloud9:

Angelo,

What else did you end up with?

Dennis

Fresh in from the VCC. What a wonderful issue that I was not actively pursuing since this book always seem to be available. Decided to get a copy and boy this issue does NOT disappoint! :o

TheThing16.jpg

Packed with blood and gore the artists had a field day with facial and neck wounds in this issue. Enjoy some of the better panels:

46397-Thing1601.jpg.91be5e4f4695d1df0df879000ac571e7.jpg

46398-Thing1602.jpg.24c63fd899015d1e6cd83388c8bf30b3.jpg