• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

I just started collecting Ghost Comics, both reader and high-grade copies, some arrivals thus far below.

Ghost Comics #1

Ghost-Comics-1-F.jpg

Ghost Comics #7

Ghost-Comics-7-F.jpg

Ghost Comics #7 - Big Apple Pedigree

Ghost-Comics-7-Big-Apple-F.jpg

Ghost Comics #11

Ghost-Comics-11-F.jpg

Expensive and hard to find though these books may be, they are far cheaper than Weird Tales of the Future, which is the GA series I originally set out to collect. Mr. Wolverton's popularity unfortunately appears to have pushed those books into the semi-stratosphere.

I just started collecting Ghost Comics, both reader and high-grade copies, some arrivals thus far below.

Ghost Comics #7 - Big Apple Pedigree

Ghost-Comics-7-Big-Apple-F.jpg

Interesting how much this book, with some obvious differences, looks like the HOF 10 from 12/52

HOF10.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

I guess you could call this a Pre-code purchase since it was modeled after a Pre-code book. :cloud9:

When I first saw the cover to "The City of The Living Dead" I put it in the back of my mind that if I were to ever have Josh do a commission I would have him recreate that cover in his style. Well this summer I decided to have a commission done and that is exactly what I had him do. The piece arrived the other day and I absolutely love it. I had high expectations and Josh absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. I told him to make the piece his own as well as have fun with it and he definitely did. When I sent him an email telling him the piece had arrived he sent an email back telling he had a blast working on the piece. You can really tell he had fun doing it. :cloud9::headbang:

Link to CAF with the piece.

CityofTheLivingDead.jpg