• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

:whistle: ....................................... :banana:

Not trying to over critique this cover but I was always confused on what's going on.

Is that the vampire in the coffin and a ghost bat or is that a victim in the coffin that the vampire bat just fed from and is flying away. Does the vampire killer see the bat?

Either way I love the colors, and on this copy they are especially nice!

Until I had my copy in hand, I never realized how much I also liked the colors on this cover.

I've always interpreted the cover as: the vampire killer just opened the casket to kill the vampire but the bat avatar is flying out to kill him first. As for why the bat avatar and body can be seen at the same time (shrug)

:roflmao:

Nice job, Jayman! (thumbs u

Simply put, a book I thought I would never own. I have wanted one for about 15 years, and this past week a fellow Boardie who was visiting in town brought this to me. It's missing a non Wolverton page, but the 3 Wolverton stories are intact. I couldn't be happier, and I am eternally grateful to have this copy!

2695278370_dc6f4780b0_o.jpg

Simply put, a book I thought I would never own. I have wanted one for about 15 years, and this past week a fellow Boardie who was visiting in town brought this to me. It's missing a non Wolverton page, but the 3 Wolverton stories are intact. I couldn't be happier, and I am eternally grateful to have this copy!

Congrats! That Nightmare World story is incredibly great!

:applause:

As posted elsewhere, Colleen really liked this book lol

62596.jpg

Great Lou Cameron story in that one! Did you see the interview in Alter Ego?

Another special book from John. Everyone knows this classic.

Astonishing30.jpg

Definitely a super special book!!! :headbang:

Great Lou Cameron story in that one! Did you see the interview in Alter Ego?

I have but haven't got around to sit down and read. I am waiting for the right time so I can quietly enjoy the interview (thumbs u I posted a page from it in the other PCH thread you might have seen it.