• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,280 posts in this topic

I've seen a million beater copies of Speed Carter Spaceman #1. Your 8.0 Crippen copy is definitely the nicest one. WOW !!!

thank you sir. here's one that was a long time coming. thought i'd never get this frazetta.

beware.jpg

That's a tough one to find. Congrats! :applause:

Great pick-up for 5 bucks! :o

Love the burning finger torture. Just got finished watching an episode of Myth-Busters where they proved that reports

of POWs strapped down over bamboo shoots were tortured by the bamboo growing right through their bodies can be done! :eek:

I never noticed the matchsticks under the fingers on that cover before - wild stuff - great busy WW2 cover!

I've seen a million beater copies of Speed Carter Spaceman #1. Your 8.0 Crippen copy is definitely the nicest one. WOW !!!

thank you sir. here's one that was a long time coming. thought i'd never get this frazetta.

beware.jpg

In all my years of collecting this is the second copy Ive seen.My rag and your nice copy.Rare indeed.

Dennis

That whole run of BEWARE is pretty interesting, highlighted of course , by the great FRAZETTA cover to # 10.

The title started out with three bi-monthly issues published by YOUTHFUL in 1952 (#'s 10, 11 and 12)

TROJAN published #13-16, then started the numbering over at #5. TROJAN then published #5-15, which ended the run in MAY of 1955 (with the lone post-code issue, #15).

So, there is actually TWO # 10, 11 and 12's.

Yours is the COOLER # 10, although the first one was pretty cool too

beware10youthful.jpg

A very nice consolation prize.Nice book.

I'm pumped up about three books that I bought recently. Sorry for the lame pictures.... I don't have a scanner. These aren't super high-grade like many of the museum pieces that I've seen here recently on the boards, but for what they are, Farrell pre-code horror, the condition is stellar. They all belonged to a single collector who spent many, many years putting togeter an Ajax/Farrell collection. One reason I am very excited to have these books is that they are in very similar condition with vibrant colors and good page quality. Each has a cover crease, but not much in the way of edge tears, chipping or chunks. It's very difficult to put together a nice run, and unless you're a multi-millionaire, you have to go for books that are less than NM to do so. And that means finding books with similar defects and appeal. The collector of these books did an admirable job.

The first book is Haunted Thrills #5 with what I consider to be a classic skull cover. I love this one...

592290-ht5.jpg

congrats love em

Just received from a fellow boardmember. Brutal double Cop killer cover!

One in the head, one in the heart. Can't believe this book wasn't mentioned in SOTI.

GangstersCantWin1.jpg

Unusual to see two policemen being murdered in cold blood like that, even for a pre-code crime comic...agreed, it should've been in SOTI.

Unusual to see two policemen being murdered in cold blood like that, even for a pre-code crime comic...agreed, it should've been in SOTI.

Brought to you by D.S. Publishing, they printed wholesome stories like this! :eek:

689727-uw3panel.jpg

Brought to you by D.S. Publishing, they printed wholesome stories like this! :eek:

689727-uw3panel.jpg

someone posted that entire story not too long ago...crazy

689727-uw3panel.jpg

That was me! :hi: and was from Underworld #3 not this book, just to clarify.

689727-uw3panel.jpg

Jay is the culprit....he posted it before.

689727-uw3panel.jpg

Ooops....beat me to the punch there Jay. :blush:

I'm pumped up about three books that I bought recently. Sorry for the lame pictures.... I don't have a scanner. These aren't super high-grade like many of the museum pieces that I've seen here recently on the boards, but for what they are, Farrell pre-code horror, the condition is stellar. They all belonged to a single collector who spent many, many years putting togeter an Ajax/Farrell collection. One reason I am very excited to have these books is that they are in very similar condition with vibrant colors and good page quality. Each has a cover crease, but not much in the way of edge tears, chipping or chunks. It's very difficult to put together a nice run, and unless you're a multi-millionaire, you have to go for books that are less than NM to do so. And that means finding books with similar defects and appeal. The collector of these books did an admirable job.

The first book is Haunted Thrills #5 with what I consider to be a classic skull cover. I love this one...

592290-ht5.jpg

congrats love em

that is a tough issue to nail down. I was never successful. congrats!

689727-uw3panel.jpg

Ooops....beat me to the punch there Jay. :blush:

I knew I had seen it before (thumbs u

592290-ht5.jpg

congrats love em

that is a tough issue to nail down. I was never successful. congrats!

Awesome cover!

Edited by limited66