• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Usually, I'm posting DC war books over in the silver and bronze threads, but recently I've been working to re-acquire the Atlas war books I foolishly sold many years back.

I was buying about 10 year ago on these and there was NOTHING... it was really hard to find even G/VGs on a lot of copies.

I've been heartened to see more of this material on ebay, and coming out of collections. Here are some books I've picked up over the past few months.

th_NavyAction5.jpgth_MensAdverntures19.jpgth_War26.jpgth_BattleActionnn.jpgth_Combat1-2.jpgth_War11-1.jpgth_NavyAction4.jpgth_Battle18.jpgth_Battlefield11.jpgth_battle32.jpgth_mia4.jpgth_waradventures12.jpg

A few pre-code books that arrived over the last few weeks. Nothing HG and

just some Russ Heath sweetness.

MensAdventures13-Heath.jpg

NavyAction450-heath.jpg

BattleFront2855-Heath.jpg

BattleFront27-Heath.jpg

Combat5-Heath.jpg

Not my most expensive book in my collection but it's my favorite with no

tanning, white pages and that awesome smell of a well preserved comic.

The bit of color loss on the LRC looks worse in the scan and I love this

book. :cloud9: Thanks again Andy or Thirdgreenham. :)

Picture1356-1.jpg

yay, fay!

Billy :hi:

I'm sure the last book I posted was your favorite being a DC and all. :)

ricky tells me d.c. war is thebomb.com. all i knew as a kid collector was fury and the howlers, but some of those d.c. war covers make me want to buy them--especially those gray-tones. all your books rock, publisher notwithstanding.

Nice stuff, Mr. Illmannered. I've always loved that Impact run but could never get the copy of #1 that I wanted.

I got this about a month ago. A book I'd never seen before. Early Ditko wonderfulness, I'm pretty sure that the cover story is about a young J. Jonah Jameson adventure. But, I haven't read it yet. I could be wrong. ;)

StrangeSuspenseStories20.jpg

And here is a recent addition to my ECs

CrimeSuspenstories16.jpg

Doesn't he look much happier out of the slab? It's hard to tell but I think it made a difference. Johnny Craig rocks! ^^