• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

Excellent 893applaud-thumb.gif Great looking copy and splendid scan. I had never noticed the text on the left side on the yellow background. Great detail. (That shark reminds me of Hergé's shark btw.) A cool way to celebrate.

Thanks, I added some panels since your reply. The text on the cover is the same as in the yellow block in the title page for Swamp Spirit.

Funny enough my neighbor turned me on to Hergé as she used to read her son bedtime stories of Tintin. Very cool stuff also! thumbsup2.gif

Trying to save dough, I wasn't going to buy this but the more I looked at it the more I fell in love with the cover

black magic.jpg

Nice cover--

Somebody call Overstreet -- Audrey prototype!!

Jack

feedme

Nice copy! Those colors really pop off that black cover! thumbsup2.gif

Yeah! I can't believe how rich they are. Its a real pleasure to look at. yay.gif

Kirby and Simon didn't do the that story though, and it doesn't quite live up to the cover.

Nice copy! Those colors really pop off that black cover! thumbsup2.gif

Yeah! I can't believe how rich they are. Its a real pleasure to look at. yay.gif

Kirby and Simon didn't do the that story though, and it doesn't quite live up to the cover.

Most interior stories never do... sorry.gif

Couldn't leave the Tampa Con today w/o a purchase. I had not seen this one before and I really dig all the elements: the tophat on the skull, the snake-eyes on the die, the devil. Can someone tell me the artist?

ht6.jpg

I saw one of those yesterday at the Windy City Pulp con. John Hauser had a bunch of 50's comics that I looked through. Alas, nothing that I really wanted that was in decent shape. Although he did have a cool copy of Black Cat Mystery #33 (electrocution cover), it was a little too expensive. So all I ended up with was a poor copy of Rangers #26 from another dealer.

Couldn't leave the Tampa Con today w/o a purchase. I had not seen this one before and I really dig all the elements: the tophat on the skull, the snake-eyes on the die, the devil. Can someone tell me the artist?

Ajax-Farrel art was produced by the Iger shop and that artists adopted a house style similar to Robert Webb and pre-EC Jack Kamen. It's hard to say who did what as often multiple hands were involved. I'm not sure if even the expert indexers are always confident of their attribution of artists for this publishers.

Just picked this one up at the local Portland Comic Show. Loved the Cover

web-of-evil0001.jpg

Great cover...Crandall?

Not unless the inker butchered his pencils. Crandall's work is much more refined.

Ajax-Farrel art was produced by the Iger shop and that artists adopted a house style similar to Robert Webb and pre-EC Jack Kamen. It's hard to say who did what as often multiple hands were involved. I'm not sure if even the expert indexers are always confident of their attribution of artists for this publishers.

Ahhh, I saw in OS it said something like "Kamen-ish art in all" or something. Thanks. thumbsup2.gif