• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

Picked up this pleasant surprise at my LCS today...

tombofterror15.jpg

did you have to pay much for that beater classic?

Cost me $30, fair enough I say!

Mail day - Mystery Tales # 1 cloud9.gif - Over the last 2 weeks, I bought the Mystic, Strange Tales and Mystery Tales I needed for the collection, narrowing down my Horror needs to just 4 books: Black Magic # 9 (not too hard to find), Dark Mysteries # 5 (relatively easy as well), This Magazine is Haunted! # 3 (impossible to find) and Venus # 18 (out there rarely and expensive) -

1467493-MysteryTales1s.jpg

1467493-MysteryTales1s.jpg.32235dd98c53082f7ef6a3613f923004.jpg

You're certainly making great progress! 893applaud-thumb.gif

And these will be painful:

This Magazine is Haunted! # 3 (impossible to find) and Venus # 18 (out there rarely and expensive) -

Since someone over the in the SA Forum asked about Matt Fox, I thought it was about time to post this issue, which boasts the only combination of Matt Fox artwork on the cover and the interior. The Fox story is an adaptation of "The Hand of Glory" by Poe.

ChillTales_13sm.jpg

I'll repost this here, since not everyone reads all the threads...

I have been looking for a copy of this book pretty much all year and have only been able to find a couple of lower grade copies (outside of the stellar Crippen copy in 9.0 which sold for $1300). I was content to find a beater of this book with a decent cover, but really lucked out today on this copy. It does have a flaw, however.... a one-inch by half-inch coupon cut out in the middle of the book. This is my kind of flaw, especially when it drops the price significantly as in this case. In 2003, Heritage sold a 7.0 for $373. I paid about half that price for this copy, and to my eyes, this book is about a 7.0 if not for the missing coupon. I'll take books like that all day long. Detective #168 with missing coupon, anyone? hi.gif

1493943-img727.jpg

Those Everett covers are incredible.

That Venus cover is great!

Christo_pull_hair.gif Don't remind me folks ... gossip.gif Look at that date - Feb / March 1952 ... and I still need a copy frustrated.gif It's gonna cost me $$$.

Great copy you have there. Please, please post more Mystery Tales if you have them.

Those Everett covers are incredible.

That Venus cover is great!

Christo_pull_hair.gif Don't remind me folks ... gossip.gif Look at that date - Feb / March 1952 ... and I still need a copy frustrated.gif It's gonna cost me $$$.

Great copy you have there. Please, please post more Mystery Tales if you have them.

You asked for Mystery Tales, so here's one:

mt17.jpg

Enjoy!