• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

I got lucky on ebay with this one... I lost out on my first bid during the auction as it went for about double my bid, I was then given a second chance offer which I turned down but then offered a slightly lower amount and ended up getting it for pretty cheap.

754EDE2C-F5AD-4DAA-8F2D-4DA518B62723-4123-0000021EB3B3732F.jpg

Here's a few I picked up over the summer...

Thanks to Comichut or this one... Can't wait to have it in hand.

EB953337-0671-48AE-B05A-647E45DA16B8-1014-00000087350AAACE.jpg

That's one of the best pre-code covers. Congratulations! :golfclap:

Wow ... there are some really gruesomely nice PCHs showing up lately! Nice stuff everyone :applause:

Definitely. You have to feel good as a collector to have those issues in your collection. Congrats on the WTOF 7. It is still on my list of needed books.

Took a chance on this one from a dealer I've bought from a few times in Montreal. We worked a plan out and if it comes back plod he's willing to refund.

FE2CC136-995F-433F-9459-8BEC3B832651-9423-00000510C9CA1CE7.jpg

I noticed this book for sale and was interested...it looks quite nice for the grade he assigned it. Good luck - it's one of the best.

I was going to hold off... but after I lost out on that Northford Cage copy I thought I may never see a presentable one again. I pulled the trigger after I talked to him about it. I've been happy with the books I've bought off him before so I thought it was worth the chance.

I was going to hold off... but after I lost out on that Northland Cage copy I thought I may never see a presentable one again. So I pulled the trigger after I talked to him about it.

I think you done good. I remember looking for this book 20 yrs ago. It was near impossible to find then. Any copy now that has a cover image as nice as this and is complete, not brittle, is worth buying. What a classic image of an incredibly historic age of comics.

I was going to hold off... but after I lost out on that Northland Cage copy I thought I may never see a presentable one again. So I pulled the trigger after I talked to him about it.

I think you done good. I remember looking for this book 20 yrs ago. It was near impossible to find then. Any copy now that has a cover image as nice as this and is complete, not brittle, is worth buying. What a classic image of an incredibly historic age of comics.

Thank you. I hope it does well at cgc. Regardless I'm very happy with it and it will be in my collection for a long time.

Another is the Weird Mysteries #2. When I got my first copy (from Ted Van Liew) about 20 years ago I was aghast, as I'd been a GA and SA collector for years but had never seen it. the #2 is a classic cover that doesn't seem to get the props it deserves these days. Even VG-F is really tough to find for the #2

Thank you. I hope it does well at cgc. Regardless I'm very happy with it and it will be in my collection for a long time.

yup. cherish it. it's awesome!!

Was ecstatic to finally get a high grade copy of this book recently. An awesome, grisly title.

Many of the covers only hint the at violence and gore inside. (thumbs u

Bought from Blazin Bob in Baltimore. The guy's becoming a good source for my PCH. Voodoo is very tough in decent shape...Adv into Terror a classic cover not easy to get in the F or better range.

Very nice reading in both of those issues, iirc. :applause:

Another is the Weird Mysteries #2. When I got my first copy (from Ted Van Liew) about 20 years ago I was aghast, as I'd been a GA and SA collector for years but had never seen it. the #2 is a classic cover that doesn't seem to get the props it deserves these days. Even VG-F is really tough to find for the #2

I love WM #2. One of my favorites without a doubt. Here is my copy, which was graded a 7.5 OW. The back is as clean as the front...and those scuffs midway along the spine are on the case. I meant to call for notes, but never got around to it. If all 7.5's looked like this, I would never look for a higher grade. I honestly cannot see which defects are holding it back....so it must be something on the interior.

WeirdMysteries22.jpg