• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

And a few Chamber of Chills

t9jjaa.jpg

2i8jhmr.jpg

r77klx.jpg

Those are awesome... Congrats on some great snags... You're really piling them up now... I'm sure in a few years Nic Cage will need the money and will probably go cheaper than what some of his books cost you...

That Weird Terror 7 is one of the most underrated PCH covers. Not a huge Don Heck fan but he captured insanity in that depiction.

Definitely one of my favorite (and underated) PCH covers also.

Hopefully you already have a high grade copy so I'd at least have hope if one shows up in an auction.

tombofterror15.jpg

Thanks Twistty1!!

awesome copy. I love that book!

( see avatar :) )

I was sad to see it go. It wasn't in my box very long. I kind of wished that i had bid on one of the HG copies in the CC auction this past weekend.

That Weird Terror 7 is one of the most underrated PCH covers. Not a huge Don Heck fan but he captured insanity in that depiction.

Definitely one of my favorite (and underated) PCH covers also.

Hopefully you already have a high grade copy so I'd at least have hope if one shows up in an auction.

Ha! I do, I have the highest graded copy on the census. One of my favorite books!

Heck's pre-code work is the yardstick as to how he should be judged as an artist.

I agree completely. I didn't care for his work when i was a teenaged Marvel zombie back in the 70s, but when I discovered his PCH output I became a fan. I can now look back at his 60s marvel stuff and realize it's not that his art wasn't decent, it was that it didn't really fit the Marvel house style at the time. Plus he was best known for his work on Iron Man, probably my least favorite Marvel character as a kid.

Heck's pre-code work is the yardstick as to how he should be judged as an artist.

Like Adkins, he was an absolute master of the use of spot blacks forced by Marvel to adopt the house style established by Kirby.