• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,284 posts in this topic

Plus mine is OW-W pages, rare for most Harveys...nudge nudge Vaultkeeper...

That book was part of the first set of River City's sold by Brian Peets. Not only is the page quality excellent but it is the prettiest copy I've seen as it has a whiter cover and, therefore, more intense colors than the file copies.

I was just talking with original purchaser last weekend and he asked how CGC would grade it and now I can tell him.

A buddy of mine had what I think would get a 9.4 - 9.6 15 years ago. Must have been a File Copy. He sold it for $1500 which at the time was a ridiculous price (if you can believe it.) God I wish I'd had the funds to purchase it. I know who he sold it to, but I'm sure it's long gone from there, too.

It's so hard to tell with scanner images. Thanks for turning me on to the book though (thumbs u

It is a beauty.

journeyintofear3.jpg

Very pretty - those colours really pop! Look at mine in comparison...

JourneyintoFear3CGC85_zpsbf78f21a.jpg

It's due at least in part to scanner settings. Look at the blue on the labels, they should identical, but Bedrock's is much brighter.

Superior covers and stories are odd but often, like this one, in a very compelling way. It's actually one of my favorites from their line of PCH. (thumbs u

journeyintofear3.jpg