• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

Can anyone confirm if Menace #9 is the first instance of having the phrase "the Walking Dead" on a cover? (fingers-crossed)

Congratulations, Jeremy. That's a sweet copy of a great book. :headbang: Unfortunately, Astonishing #10 was published two years earlier. :cry:

th_AST010-MH.jpg

Can anyone confirm if Menace #9 is the first instance of having the phrase "the Walking Dead" on a cover? (fingers-crossed)

Congratulations, Jeremy. That's a sweet copy of a great book. :headbang: Unfortunately, Astonishing #10 was published two years earlier. :cry:

th_AST010-MH.jpg

Yeah, but mine has a capital "T" in "The" - and that makes ALL the difference (at least to me and my wallet). After all, it's not called "the Walking Dead" :baiting:

Now where can I get a copy of Astonishing #10?

nb23k4.jpg

th_AST010-MH.jpg

Yeah, but mine has a capital "T" in "The" - and that makes ALL the difference (at least to me and my wallet). After all, it's not called "the Walking Dead" :baiting:

Now where can I get a copy of Astonishing #10?

nb23k4.jpg

Hey I had the exact same Idea.

Here are my books:

men2_127a_zps23995540.jpg

ast10.jpg

and for good measure:

deadwhowalk.jpg

and they are dead and they are walking:

DoH1_zpsff9d4a0f.jpg

It was suggested in a different thread I posted these books in to also get these books:

Dark Mysteries #16, Phantom Lady #15, This Mag is Haunted #6 and Web of Evil #12.

A fun cover, as long as you're not the guy being drowned. A recent CC win.

WorldsOfFearcgc4_5crmow_zpsf9d19e74.jpg

Great book! My copy is around the same grade too which reminded me that I've never come across or have seen a high grade copy of this book. hm

A fun cover, as long as you're not the guy being drowned. A recent CC win.

WorldsOfFearcgc4_5crmow_zpsf9d19e74.jpg

Great book! My copy is around the same grade too which reminded me that I've never come across or have seen a high grade copy of this book. hm

Thank you.

Highest graded copy is an 8.5, with only 3 in total on the census. This is the second highest, but I'm sure there must be nicer ungraded copies out there. I looked on HA and they've only sold 2 ungraded copies, a GD and VG/VG- looking copy.

Edited by Twistty1

Picked up 2 more Cole covers from the CC auction.

The TOJ 18 is an upgrade for my ugly miscut 8.5.

toj18_zps5a7ffcdd.jpg

stt14_zpsacbebad0.jpg

Great buys... I was watching both of those along with the 17. Such great covers... I recently picked up a nice 18 as well. (thumbs u