• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,262 posts in this topic

It's been 2 months since I got the pre-code bug, and I've slowed down a little bit / haven't had much luck lately. Here's my most recent pick-up

CHAMBERofCHILLS-12_zps9f4f9701.jpg

Edited by Lonzilla

that thing looks quite a bit better than some of the cajuns we have living down here in the atchafalya swamp.

That thing looks much better than YOUR FACE!

Hey all you PC collectors! I didn't quite know where to share this at but figured this would be the best place. Like Longzilla above I recently got the PCH bug and have been collecting now for a little over 6 months. In that time I've acquired some amazing books! Anyway, I couldn't fit them in my short boxes so I decided to build one specifically for my collection. I used some of my favorite covers as well as accessible splash pages. I've included them in spoiler tags so it doesn't take up much space. Hope you enjoy!

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

Hey all you PC collectors! I didn't quite know where to share this at but figured this would be the best place. Like Longzilla above I recently got the PCH bug and have been collecting now for a little over 6 months. In that time I've acquired some amazing books! Anyway, I couldn't fit them in my short boxes so I decided to build one specifically for my collection. I used some of my favorite covers as well as accessible splash pages. I've included them in spoiler tags so it doesn't take up much space. Hope you enjoy!

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

Scott that is frickin awesome!!! I will pay you to build one of those for me!!!! Great job!

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

Very nice! I remember seeing your Walking Dead boxes, (I think that was you also) and these are even nicer! You picked a great image for the top, one of my favorite covers! (thumbs u

BlackCayMystery37CGC9.jpg

Beautiful. And marketable :idea:

your FACE is marketable! at halloween.

I'm feeling sooo excluded.

157-Tweedle-Dee--Tweedle-D_zps5d76aa50.jpg

lol(tsk)

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

Very nice! I remember seeing your Walking Dead boxes, (I think that was you also) and these are even nicer! You picked a great image for the top, one of my favorite covers! (thumbs u

BlackCayMystery37CGC9.jpg

WOW! Sweet copy! Can't get enough of that cover! It was the second PCH comic I purchased (after Horrific 1 :cloud9:) Hope to one day upgrade to a better copy because it is one of my favorites.

Those are very cool. What is the process you use to make the images?

Believe it or not the images can sometimes take hours to get just right. Finding the HQ image is simple but after that is where it gets difficult. The first step is to turn the image into black and white/or grayscale (whichever has the most potential). After, you have to raster (turn the pixels into lines) the image and tweek little details here and there. Some images I can make in 5 minutes and have it look stunning...others take much longer. Some images simply won't work either. I was initially going to engrave the cover for COC 23 but I just couldn't get a solid result. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to help out with anything. (thumbs u