• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,275 posts in this topic

Jayman,

Great covers on those Ken Shannon's. I bought an issue once ( not any of those), but found the stories dull. How are the more horror themed ones?

I found the Ken Shannon stories in both issues 3 and 7 (haven't read the 6 yet) to be very entertaining! They read like a 50's detective movie, with some witty wise-crack comments thrown about in the dialogue.

For what they are, they're a fun read. I'm a fan! :grin:

Here's some panels from issue 7...

142861.jpg.ead1209e40ea4ae6cf3913c2463822a2.jpg

142862.jpg.b21bf0540191acd80681773dda6f9096.jpg

142863.jpg.748ab2744945c2dcdfe1fd47d1ef177d.jpg

142864.jpg.8f8762a8460aa6de834bb7f015a9cd69.jpg

Jayman,

Great covers on those Ken Shannon's. I bought an issue once ( not any of those), but found the stories dull. How are the more horror themed ones?

I found the Ken Shannon stories in both issues 3 and 7 (haven't read the 6 yet) to be very entertaining! They read like a 50's detective movie, with some witty wise-crack comments thrown about in the dialogue.

For what they are, they're a fun read. I'm a fan! :grin:

I've only read the 3 but I thought it was well-crafted and enjoyable.

Purchased a few weeks back, but just slabbed tough black cover, OW pages:

IMG_3697_zpsec1b3d76.jpg

Sweet copy! Congrats!

Speaking of heads...just recently grabbed this in the FS section.

Love this cover! Just finished reading it and the last story "Ted's Head" was a bit disappointing.

However the third story "Who Shall Judge" about a corrupt judge who gets what's coming to him, sports a nasty suicide gunshot to the head panel!

UncannyTales20_zpsfb07833e.jpg

However the third story "Who Shall Judge" about a corrupt judge who gets what's coming to him, sports a nasty suicide gunshot to the head panel!

I just read this and thought, wow I would like to see that...Atlas PCH making me demented??

Join the club! :insane:

I just read this and thought, wow I would like to see that...Atlas PCH making me demented??

Wertham was right! :o

Wertham was right! :o

:roflmao::golfclap:

IMG_3697_zpsec1b3d76.jpg

Sweet copy! Congrats!

Love this cover! Just finished reading it and the last story "Ted's Head" was a bit disappointing.

Great cover by an underrated artist. Love that book.

IMG_3697_zpsec1b3d76.jpg

Sweet copy! Congrats!

Great cover by an underrated artist. Love that book.

Look what happens when I start collecting a new genre, I get to see all the books that I never knew existed and are taking a fast liking to!! :cloud9:Great book, BTW!

Whatever you do, don't go through this thread from the beginning.

Or these others.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=879249#Post879249

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=759405#Post759405

You have been warned. (tsk)