• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, retrocomics said:

You just don't see this book much lately. CoC 23 is up there with Venus 19 as my all time fav.

Venus 19 and Chamber of Chills 23 are great and I didn't mean to put 19 or 23 down.  But I just love the haunting blue colors on Black Cat 37.  

1 minute ago, BakerFanOne said:

Venus 19 and Chamber of Chills 23 are great and I didn't mean to put 19 or 23 down.  But I just love the haunting blue colors on Black Cat 37.  

I've been looking for a nice copy of that particular kitty for a long time. Great pickup.  (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, BakerFanOne said:

Also the lovely fine line work on this cover, especially in the background sky. This was the very first BCM issue I ever bought. Good taste! (thumbsu

BlackCayMystery37CGC9.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Also the lovely fine line work on this cover, especially in the background sky. This was the very first BCM issue I ever bought. Good taste! (thumbsu

BlackCayMystery37CGC9.jpg

Stunning copy Jayman and the Northford to boot.   Dang what a beauty!!!!  Agree 100% on the line work.  But it was the blue colour that initially drew me to this book and of course the babe in white kept this at the top of my want list for a long time.  

1 hour ago, BakerFanOne said:

I hate that my scanner is so blurry.  I tried taking a photo with my iPhone and got the flash but not too much glare.

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

I haven't seen that Beth copy of Thing 12 in ages since Metro had it on their site. Congrats!

19 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Speaking of deep blues on a cover, I love the colors on 51 too!

BlackCatMysteries51.jpg

Another fabulous cover with such vibrant colors.  I remember getting my first serious runs of Harvey horror in the mid-90s and flipping them as I lost interest quickly.  Boy I was a dunce.  

1 hour ago, originalisbest said:

Great copy of a rare book from one of the great precode pedigrees in old label goodness. Nothing not to love! Congrats!

Appreciate the kind words.  Having been collecting for a good 30+ years, I don't get too excited about new acquisitions.  But I was very pumped about the Thing 12 and Black Cat 37.  The pedigree on the Thing 12 just makes it that much sweeter!

2 hours ago, BakerFanOne said:

Appreciate the kind words.  Having been collecting for a good 30+ years, I don't get too excited about new acquisitions.  But I was very pumped about the Thing 12 and Black Cat 37.  The pedigree on the Thing 12 just makes it that much sweeter!

I think that's a book, condition and pedigree worth getting pumped over, for sure! A feather in your collecting cap. :)