• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA PEP 17 Scarce, Fiction House, DC, Nedor, Baker, Fox, GGA Tec 196 added

165 posts in this topic

Mystery Comics #1 (all three listed, have Schomburg covers)

Nice color, staple has rust and the centerfold is detached. Pages are close to white. Small piece off the back. Grade is Gd/VG

(3.0) Bin is $225.

mysterycomics1_0001.jpg

mysterycomics1_0002.jpg

:takeit: per PM thanks!

Mystery Comics #1 (all three listed, have Schomburg covers)

Nice color, staple has rust and the centerfold is detached. Pages are close to white. Small piece off the back. Grade is Gd/VG

(3.0) Bin is $225.

:takeit: per PM thanks!

Thanks, Eddy, sold:)

Thank you, both...I'm not sure about tomorrow, I have a few Peps, and I THINK an America's Best, but I have to look them up. They are in a pile, and I just have not looked. I know there are a few "classic" covers.

When I read your question I went and looked up Schomburg's covers. I didn't realize the Thrilling 12, is a Schomburg cover.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060207021726/http://www.ess.comics.org/ess/schomburg/sccheckl.html

The Black Terror #12. I think I bought this on the boards, eons ago as a Good, it's not, it's about a Fair+. Cover is almost split. About 2 inches, including the top staple are attached. Cover colors are nice, but it's been stored badly and there was moisture damage.Pages are offwhite, it's mostly the cover that was affected. Let's not forget the hole punch. It really looks better than it

sounds, lol:) Schomburg cover $44.00

blackterror12_0001-Copy.jpg

blackterror12_0002-Copy.jpg

This is one of those WTF covers. Just wrong on so many levels. Let's show the kiddies Black Terror slaughtering the enemy LIVE on TV...lol.

Just a cotton-pickin' minute! Did they even have TV back in 1944? And in color--no less! Something wrong here or Schomburg knew things no one else knew.

SLR

Military Comics #5, from 1941.Great classic cover! The Sniper begins, and there is a Miss America story. There is a small piece of tape sealing a tear at the top of the spine. Great colors,some tanning inside the covers, but nothing seems brittle, pages are off-white to cream. Crease on the front and on the back. Small corner off the back cover.

Grade is VG/f ( 5.0) but a very nicely

presenting VG/F. $275.00

militarycomics5_0001-Copy.jpg

:cry::(

RECAP

Page 1

All American 23, Grade is Fair price is $150

All American #24, missing centerfold

This book has a full page preview for Dr Mid-nite and Sargon, the "first

published appearance" of each of them.

Bin is $180

Page 2

All American 58, Good+ (2.5) Bin is $100

All American Comics #60. Good (2.0) condition. $85.00

All American #62,

Grade is Apparent Gd/VG Bin $65

Blackhawk #53 Gd/VG, $33.00

Blackhawk #54 VG- (3.5) (maybe VG), Quality Comics. $40.00

Comic Cavalcade #13, Wonder Woman etc. No front cover, part of a back cover. Solomon Grundy appearance bin is $50.00

Crack #7, Quality, 1940.

There is only one on the census and it's a .5, so you could slab this and have the highest graded:)$135.

Detective 107, 1945, Grade is VG/F (5.0) $175.00

Page 3

Military Comics #5, Grade is VG/f ( 5.0) but a very nicely

presenting VG/F. $275.00

Mystery Comics #2

really nice Fair, since there is not a fair plus;) but hard to find. Bin is $75

Police Comics #3, The 3rd Phantom Lady, 3rd

Plastic Man.

. Bin is $350.

Thrilling #12,

5.0. Bin $300.

I have 11 more books to list tonight, I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow.

First one

SOLD to catrick339

Action #85, 1945, it has 3 staples and it was wartime, so my guess is, two are extra. The middleone, which should be the correct one, is holding on. The extra staples are through the pages, not the cover.

Great colors on the cover, some old tape on the spine, and there is one small piece of tape sealing a 1/2 inch tear on the right side.

There are a few small spine splits, nothing looks major, so I think the tape, like the staples was "extra". Pages are close to white and supple.

Grade is Good- (1.8) bin is $72.00 $60.00

Actoin85_0001.jpg

Actoin85_0002.jpg

Adventure Comics #100. Simon and Kirby Cover.This book must have been stored weirdly. The top 2 inches or so of the cover are tanning. There is a small hole in the top through the "z" in magazine. The rest of the cover is at least F/VF. Pages inside are off-white, except for the first splash, the top of that one is a little creamy.

One page has a corner torn off, no art is affected.

I'm going to grade this VG- as I think it's a safe grade. It's a nice VG-;)

Bin is $175.00

$165 (less than my original cost) $140

adventure100_0001.jpg

adventure100_0002.jpg

Adventure Comics #111, BOWLING COVER::) Great colors, nice white pages. There is a small wormhole at the top, and a smallish piece off the bottom of the back. Slight sub crease.

Grade is VG-, it's pretty for the grade. Bin $95.00 $80 $70

adventure111_0001.jpg

adventure111_0002.jpg