• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got a tattoo of Iron Man! Phase 3 Update July 22nd

337 posts in this topic

I've always wanted a tattoo and i'm finally doing it after 44 years. My first one. Life is too short and i've made my decision.

I'm going to have a backdrop of NYC...not sure how that will look yet.

Latest option and probably final image

Here is the image and a shot of my arm with it printed. I ran out of ink in the printer but the idea is that the blast from the feet will wrap around the bottom of my arm and cover up that ugly birthmark I have by my elbow.

6-24-13

I just got home and it was quite a great experience today. We didn't get as much done as I would have wanted but it's a big piece and takes time to be done right.

He just did the outline lines today and next session will be shading and color.

It's hard to see but here is a shot with the bandage on. I'm from NYC so I wanted to add the Empire State Bldg In the image.

It will be amazing once finished. Right now it's about 1/2 done.

Here is the stencil before he started (shot in the mirror so it's backwards)

Here it is as it looks right now. it still has the drawing lines on it a little and hard to see wth the saran wrap but I'm really happy with it. It's gonna be bad !

July 22 Update

Finished!

If it were me.I would go with the first one.

scan0003.jpg

Yep, I would too

He looks like he's pooping in that pose...

I really like the Red and Yellow armor

How about this one!

Iron-man.jpg

I did consider that one as well. It just seems a bit awkward a pose for a tattoo....but maybe i'm wrong. It is a very cool pose

A pose like this would be cool:

Avengers_IronMan_zpsbf413406.jpg

iron-man_zps53d13fb0.png

But I'm not a hue Iron Man fan so what do I know. If I ever got a tattoo this would be mine (not that you asked):

Spiderman_Symbol-logo-F92437175D-seeklogocom_zps068ec724.gif

I like this! (the first one) :applause:

It's making me rethink my choice... hm

A pose like this would be cool:

Avengers_IronMan_zpsbf413406.jpg

iron-man_zps53d13fb0.png

But I'm not a hue Iron Man fan so what do I know. If I ever got a tattoo this would be mine (not that you asked):

Spiderman_Symbol-logo-F92437175D-seeklogocom_zps068ec724.gif

I like this! (the first one) :applause:

I like this the best as well. It's casual and cool at the same time

It's making me rethink my choice... hm

Mark 1, have you found your artist yet? That is the most important part especially with such a cool idea, gotta make sure the shading and stuff is just right. I would talk to the artist about doing the Iron Man 100 cover pose in the Mark 42 armor. Just my 2c

Yeah I'd go with the TOS 39 version...If you go with the newer version it is going to be hard to get the intricacies and details inked in. Depends on who does the tat a real artist might be able to do a strong sketch and then color it in. But for the most part most tatoo places just color in a template.

That being said find the right tatoo artist and get him to help decide what will work best. Nothing is worse than getting stuck with something you are not going to love.

I have 5 tats 4 of them were just traced from a design in a book. 1 of them was done freehand from just an idea and a quick sketch by the artist