• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics Grading for GA books

52 posts in this topic

No, I'm sure Vince or Steve would have done it for me. I emailed the orders@ email address and got Ed's form letter politely telling me that they don't scan books under $500.

It's a moot point now. The book later sold to someone else.

Everytime I've contacted Vince via e-mail he's always been very responsive to my requests. I guess when they receive requests on the order e-mail address they figure that there's a good chance that the person may not purchase the book. That being said, I think they should still lower the $500 limit to $250.

I agree they should offer scans on more books. I'm surprised they would refuse to send a scan of a $300 book. Why would they pass up a potential sale? Kind of gives off a poor customer service vibe.

More scans = more sales right?

Earlier this year I scanned a Poor SA Thor that I think I wanted to sell for 10 pence (18c). tongue.gif

Maybe once you get big enough, it becomes a chore to scan books; but I agree, it gives off a poor customer service vibe. Well put, sir!

These guys are CRIMINALS. Jail is too good for them.

I once bought a book from them that they graded Good minus. All I got from them were two rusty staples in a beat up mylar.

Hey, the success stories belong elsewhere!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I once bought a book from them that they graded Good minus. All I got from them were two rusty staples in a beat up mylar.

So you guys do traffic in rusty staples. 893whatthe.gif I was always wondering where old staples that gets replaced end up at ...

Maybe you should've emailed Ed for a scan. yeahok.gif

Maybe you should've emailed Ed for a scan. yeahok.gif

I thought you were going overseas, all dramatic and such? Man we think the place is safe again and BANG - NearMint has his fingers back in the pie! Go already!

(safe and fun trip to ya)

Not leaving until tomorrow morning, so you'll have to suffer until then!

And POV, B.C. isn't overseas. poke2.gif

I am geographically challenged. Always have been. I looked it up and it turns out British Columbia is neither in England nor in South America. crazy.gif

Thanks for all the kind words. It makes me very happy to hear that you are satisfied with the books you received from my compnay. In regards to why we don't send many scans for books under $500 it is simply due to time and man power constraints. As it is Ed and David are scanning hundreds of books each week. And yes many customers ask for scans and after they receive the scan do not even email back as to whether or not they are interested. Believe me we are trying to get more books scanned into our database every week. If there is ever a time you would like a lower priced book scanned, as long as you think you will buy it if it looks accurately graded just let Ed know exactly that and I am sure he will take care of it. And please if you get the scan and you don't like it a simple reply email to Ed would be greatly appreciated.

Vincent