• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st time mail-in for signature series questions, need help

2 posts in this topic

I am thinking of mailing in my 1st ever signature series submission. This is all new to me, usually submitted myself at local conventions only, never mail in. Have couple questions, hope you guys can help:

1. Does facilitators usually give discount for multiple books submission or the price is firm per book? What is the quantity of books to get such discount?

2. Is the fee change based on who sign the book (not the signing fee that some artists charge)? what I mean by this is: if I want to get a popular artist to sign, the facilitator have to stand in line and wait like everyone else, but if the artist is not so popular, just zoom in and out in 5 minutes, does facilitator give discount for such not-too-long of a line artists?

My books are all modern for my personal collection, not high retail value whatsoever and not even popular title. I would like fast track for them as well so by submitting 10-20 books (or more), it will cost me quite a bit of coins.

Hope I am not offending any facilitators by asking such sensitive questions.

I am thinking of mailing in my 1st ever signature series submission. This is all new to me, usually submitted myself at local conventions only, never mail in. Have couple questions, hope you guys can help:

1. Does facilitators usually give discount for multiple books submission or the price is firm per book? What is the quantity of books to get such discount?

2. Is the fee change based on who sign the book (not the signing fee that some artists charge)? what I mean by this is: if I want to get a popular artist to sign, the facilitator have to stand in line and wait like everyone else, but if the artist is not so popular, just zoom in and out in 5 minutes, does facilitator give discount for such not-too-long of a line artists?

My books are all modern for my personal collection, not high retail value whatsoever and not even popular title. I would like fast track for them as well so by submitting 10-20 books (or more), it will cost me quite a bit of coins.

Hope I am not offending any facilitators by asking such sensitive questions.

1. Most facilitators I know do not give discounts. The most they will do is combine all the comics to avoid having you pay 10 plus 5 fees for shipping and new form fee instead they would just add the $2 per comic for adding an additional one on.

2. Alot of facilitators the autograph is included in the price they charge. Unless the artist charges a premium rate for their autographs like your submitting to CGC they have a CGC autograph rate, charge for certain issues, or just charge a flat rate. Now if your adding an additional sig they will charge you for that. I don't know of any who charges because the artists or writers lone is too long.