• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wait, Batman never sits down?

73 posts in this topic

Well looks like I'm not missing out on anything worthwhile at DC.

really?

Yes. This is just one example, but it's a glaring one of idiotic editorial mandate taking precedence over the creation of art and storytelling. I like art and stories more than I like corporate logos on rainbow spandex. I don't miss Batman or Spiderman as much as I'd miss enjoying the contents between the sweet variant covers I overpaid for if I was reading that stuff instead of good stuff

;)

Greetings

Brand new to here; just wanted to post a progress of my custom Batman wood carving from the iconic Silvestri picture all those years ago. It is English Oak, the figure itself is around 250mm (10 inches for the Americans) square, somewhere around 1:6 maybe. It has taken 18 hours so far. I have seen a couple of customs of this already but not in wood, thought I would give it a go. Any comments very welcome.

Many Thanks ?attachment_id=201

Greetings

Brand new to here; just wanted to post a progress of my custom Batman wood carving from the iconic Silvestri picture all those years ago. It is English Oak, the figure itself is around 250mm (10 inches for the Americans) square, somewhere around 1:6 maybe. It has taken 18 hours so far. I have seen a couple of customs of this already but not in wood, thought I would give it a go. Any comments very welcome.

Here ya go - nice carving!

Bats-18h-572x1024.jpg

Greetings

Thanks for resurrecting a long dead thread. I completely forgot about it. :roflmao:

This is just one of those things that shows how severe the extent of editorial influence is in mainstream superhero comics. No creativity allowed. Just get it done on time.

No thanks.

EDIT: Looks like I said the same exact thing back in 2013 doh!

Because it's an attachment on your website. Inserting an image on another website is different.

Right click the image, choose "view image" and then copy the address bar at the top.

Paste the address bar on your post between /img brackets. Like this

Bats-18h-572x1024.jpg

You can quote my post to see what I did.

EDIT, nevermind, looks like your site has some sort of hotlink protection. You can either post the image as a link or upload it to a free image hosting site to post on forums.

http://grahamderham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Bats-18h-572x1024.jpg

EDIT, can't post it as a link either.

Yeah, use Photobucket, tinypic, imageshack, ect to host your images.