• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: How to report a SHILL? (It is Stu)...

412 posts in this topic

If you managed to prove that a boardie was shill bidding his auctions, I would think you'd deserve praise instead :facepalm:

It wasn't major auctions or anything, and it was praised well enough at the time. It was part of the Ebay fued that spilled over (he used to post on the Ebay Board with the 2 ids he used to shill his auctions. One of those IDs even got him NARU'd from Ebay for several months, he sued them to get back on). He even tried to use a shill ID on this Board one time, but it was so obvious it was him, he only posted once with it.

The problem was the Mods told me to drop it and I didn't. Plus I had received other strikes before that, so they added up (but iirc the strikes were done differently back then? I dunno, doesn't matter).

FWIW, nice to make your acquaintance Stu :foryou:

Hello!

Ah, the good old days on the eBay chat board! :cloud9:

We're getting a little away from ourselves here - why are you hassling MC? If it amounts to disagreeing with his collecting interests, pursuits, or even opinions as far as any ideas/suggestions he's posted online, then I don't see the need for a single PM or shill account to be created just to bug the guy.

We're getting a little away from ourselves here - why are you hassling MC? If it amounts to disagreeing with his collecting interests, pursuits, or even opinions as far as any ideas/suggestions he's posted online, then I don't see the need for a single PM or shill account to be created just to bug the guy.

See that is what makes me think h'e still banned for a reason. Most boards, from my experience, will lift a ban if the guy says he's sorry. This guy just keeps creating shill accounts and bothering people....

See that is what makes me think h'e still banned for a reason. Most boards, from my experience, will lift a ban if the guy says he's sorry. This guy just keeps creating shill accounts and bothering people....

Well we've heard his side, which amounts to MC not responding to his request for links to non-speculative posts.

The logic and rationale that appears to be absent from his thought process is MC doesn't know who he is, and I'm sure the little that he's come to know (banned, and is using shill accounts to communicate with him) is probably good enough reason in my books, and probably most people here who don't know boardies IRL, to steer clear of the guy.

Stu ;) has never created an account specifically just to bug someone. Sometimes he just gets banned in the middle of things.

As has just been said, that's not how it works here. Once you're banned, that's it. A prominent member by the name of Red Hook got himself banned (for a very real reason) and bunches of boardies even vouched for him and asked for him to be reinstated. Didn't work and he stayed banned. Once you're gone, you are "officially" gone. However, unofficially anyone can come back ;)

As has just been said, that's not how it works here. Once you're banned, that's it. A prominent member by the name of Red Hook got himself banned (for a very real reason) and bunches of boardies even vouched for him and asked for him to be reinstated. Didn't work and he stayed banned. Once you're gone, you are "officially" gone. However, unofficially anyone can come back ;)

It's sort of like dead comic book characters then...? hm

I dunno. Greggy might have a different perspective on this subject.

Well we've heard his side, which amounts to MC not responding to his request for links to non-speculative posts.

If they were posts, Stu ;) could find them easily. They are links somewhere... out there...

The logic and rationale that appears to be absent from his thought process is MC doesn't know who he is, and I'm sure the little that he's come to know (banned, and is using shill accounts to communicate with him) is probably good enough reason in my books, and probably most people here who don't know boardies IRL, to steer clear of the guy.

He didn't know any of that when, in a moment of bluster, he flexed his tough guy muscles. I am honestly curious to read the articles. I mean, if you were an antiques expert, wrote some great articles (and you have), and they were published and out there on the web, why would you care who read them? Would you only let people you know read them? What would be the point of writing an article if you didn't want someone/anyone to read it?

Wasn't his password hacked by Bugaboo/BlackHeartedDwarf/ShoNuff? That's a whole different scenario.

Edit: or was that Supapimp who got his password stolen? I forget.

Wasn't his password hacked by Bugaboo/BlackHeartedDwarf/ShoNuff? That's a whole different scenario.

Edit: or was that Supapimp? I forget.

lol Was it?

OT, how is Tiger doing on the PGA this season?

For the record, I only have one shill at a time. When one gets axed, I make another. I never have 2 at a time, that's just outrageous.

Was this supposed to be inadvertently hilarious?

I have always enjoyed Stu's posts.

mintcollector has expressed some rather specific ideas about speculation on the boards. One I recall. Probably paraphrased badly:

"If a collectible is under 20 years old, it should never be considered an investment, it is purely speculating."

One exception in 11 years.

Edit: here's the links to his ebay guides, the writing style is distinct. That being said, here they are.

In conclusion, here's the link.

http://search.reviews.ebay.com/members/electrogames?uaid=113307291&uan=electrogames&uqt=g

(thumbs u

Cool, thanks! He told me he was published in couple of antique trade magazines in Pennslyvania. I had no idea they were Ebay guides doh!

Edit: Ta-ta-toothy!

One exception in 11 years.

Yep. Just the one. Must suck for Red Hook and the like.