• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lou Ferrigno

155 posts in this topic

Just curious has Lou ever made any cameo appearances in any of the Hulk movies [don't think he has?] but if not, why? (shrug)

He was the voice of the hulk and a security guard at the campus in the Norton Hulk movie. Never watched the broke-back Hulk film.

Here's him and Stan Lee. Second pic is another scene where Ed Norton snuck back in to the lab he worked in when the gamma accident happened by posing as a pizza delivery guy--he offered Lou a free pizza to deliver his second one to the lab.

What's all the talk of him being short? He's about 6' 4". Stan Lee was once about 6' although he looks more like 5' 10" in his old age. Lou does look about 6 inches taller in this pic.

Lou-Ferigno-Cameo-Hulk2.jpg

the-incredible-hulk2008dvdrip-axxo-avi_snapshot_00-36-27_2012-04-25_13-01-12.jpg

When I met him about 10 years ago I was impressed by his size. He was much larger then Arnold, but then a few years later I saw Hulk Hogan and was surprised how much larger Hulk Hogan was compared to Lou. :o

Just curious has Lou ever made any cameo appearances in any of the Hulk movies [don't think he has?] but if not, why? (shrug)

He was the voice of the hulk and a security guard at the campus in the Norton Hulk movie. Never watched the broke-back Hulk film.

Here's him and Stan Lee. Second pic is another scene where Ed Norton snuck back in to the lab he worked in when the gamma accident happened by posing as a pizza delivery guy--he offered Lou a free pizza to deliver his second one to the lab.

What's all the talk of him being short? He's about 6' 4". Stan Lee was once about 6' although he looks more like 5' 10" in his old age. Lou does look about 6 inches taller in this pic.

Lou-Ferigno-Cameo-Hulk2.jpg

the-incredible-hulk2008dvdrip-axxo-avi_snapshot_00-36-27_2012-04-25_13-01-12.jpg

When I met him about 10 years ago I was impressed by his size. He was much larger then Arnold, but then a few years later I saw Hulk Hogan and was surprised how much larger Hulk Hogan was compared to Lou. :o

I'm not surprised. HH was huge back in the day when he was tossing people out of the ring.

HulkHogan.jpg

Even shrunken down from all the surgeries on his knees and back, he is supposedly 6'4" and around 290.

From left to right:

(Height figures taken from Wiki)

Lou Ferrigno 6' 5" * / Frank Zane 5' 9" / Arnold Schwarzenegger 6' 2" ** / Franco Columbo 5' 5"

tumblr_mjvonlTnCu1s1l7f6o1_500_zps1c227d9d.jpg

From Wiki:

* Ferrigno's peak height was 6' 5" during competition... officially 6' 4"

**Schwarzenegger official height of 6'2" (1.88 m) has been brought into question by several articles. In his bodybuilding days in the late 1960s, he was measured to be 6'1.5" (1.87 m), a height confirmed by his fellow bodybuilders.[30][31] However, in 1988 both the Daily Mail and Time Out magazine mentioned that Schwarzenegger appeared noticeably shorter.[32] Prior to running for Governor, Schwarzenegger's height was once again questioned in an article by the Chicago Reader.[33] As Governor, Schwarzenegger engaged in a light-hearted exchange with Assemblyman Herb Wesson over their heights. At one point Wesson made an unsuccessful attempt to, in his own words, "ettle this once and for all and find out how tall he is"[34] by using a tailor's tape measure on the Governor. Schwarzenegger retaliated by placing a pillow stitched with the words "Need a lift?" on the five-foot-five inch (165 cm) Wesson's chair before a negotiating session in his office.[35] Bob Mulholland also claimed Arnold was 5'10" (1.78 m) and that he wore risers in his boots.[36] The debate on Schwarzenegger's height has spawned a website solely dedicated to the issue,[37] and his page remains one of the most active on CelebHeights.com, a website which discusses the heights of celebrities.[30] Men's Health magazine has estimated his height at 5'10".[27]

I followed body building in my teenage years when those guys were in their heyday. Lou was always 6' 4". Arnold was always 6' 1". Frank Zane was a magnificently sculpted statue of a man.

Columbu's lats were incredible.

Lou was still really big even a few short years ago but you can't keep the size on forever. The dude is 61 years old.

I'd chalk up at least some of the negative experiences people have had with him with his hearing impediment.

Frank Zane was a magnificently sculpted statue of a man.

Let's just let this comment sink in for a bit....drink it in...like a fine wine that's turned to vinegar.

Frank Zane was awesome! One of the few from an era where a 175 pounder could beat someone 215, with just incredible shape. As a bodybuilder, I always have more respect for the guys from the 60's and 70's. It was more about genetics and hard work. They never had the supplemental advancements that we have today, and the money was not what it is today for the top guys.

Someone let you in here...

:shrug:

-slym

:roflmao:

Slym, you've gotten harsh lately.

This is what happens when you don't sell the guy a bundle of Valiant Voices for pennies on the dollar compared to what his buddies say they are worth. He makes it a point to post inflammatory comment behind every single thing he sees me write.

DG

No, I have ignored you for quite a while now. I just saw a great moment for funny.

And you are STILL holding a grudge about that VALIANT Voice thing. Amazing... I keep forgetting it until you bring it up. I honestly didn't know this name and the other one that I have also forgotten were the same. Goes to show that douchebags will be douchebags.

-slym (puts DoucheWait back on mental ignore)

No, I have ignored you for quite a while now. I just saw a great moment for funny.

And you are STILL holding a grudge about that VALIANT Voice thing. Amazing... I keep forgetting it until you bring it up. I honestly didn't know this name and the other one that I have also forgotten were the same. Goes to show that douchebags will be douchebags.

-slym (puts DoucheWait back on mental ignore)

Why would I hold a grudge!? I still have the bundle and I wasn't trying to sell it.

I am bored with people who make it a point to keep their nose right up my cheeks whenever I post anything. Get a life. Seriously.

DG