• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Certification Verification not working??!

41 posts in this topic

The graders haven't deemed it neccessary to add notes. Usually happens with moderns around the 9.6-9.8 category.

though CGC sets the standard on graded books, them "not deeming it necessary to add notes" is just economical and laziness.

Some of the books they don't want to add notes to, will be worth 3 figures or more in the future, and the only books that shouldn't have grader notes added are perfect 10 copies, because even a 9.9 must have defects or it would be a 10.

could you just explain that a little bit?

OK, I assume every grader keeps notes when grading a book, if this is true then the only reasons I can fathom for not posting the notes is that they don't have the manpower, or the person who enters the notes doesn't enter all notes on all books.

as stated above, Moderns 9.6-9.8 don't have notes( I know there are others too), I was stating, that everyday a few new books find their way to CGC to be graded for the first time, CGC doesn't know which of these books will be the next "Walking Dead" or "Saga," and be selling for a very high price at a very high grade.

What will drive collectors like me up the wall is the fact that after a book "catches on" then notes will start to appear on the copies of those books coming in to be graded. So the only fair thing to do is to put the notes on every book that comes thru CGC.

I would love to know why my Deathlok (1990) #1 is graded 9.8 instead of 10.

I checked the book over many times with a magnifying glass, but CGC refuses to tell me because they didn't put notes on the book, I would gladly have paid to see those notes, so CGC LOST MONEY!

hope that is a good enough explanation.

Yea I understand what you mean thanks for the explanation!

The graders haven't deemed it neccessary to add notes. Usually happens with moderns around the 9.6-9.8 category.

though CGC sets the standard on graded books, them "not deeming it necessary to add notes" is just economical and laziness.

Some of the books they don't want to add notes to, will be worth 3 figures or more in the future, and the only books that shouldn't have grader notes added are perfect 10 copies, because even a 9.9 must have defects or it would be a 10.

OK, I assume every grader keeps notes when grading a book, if this is true then the only reasons I can fathom for not posting the notes is that they don't have the manpower, or the person who enters the notes doesn't enter all notes on all books.

as stated above, Moderns 9.6-9.8 don't have notes( I know there are others too), I was stating, that everyday a few new books find their way to CGC to be graded for the first time, CGC doesn't know which of these books will be the next "Walking Dead" or "Saga," and be selling for a very high price at a very high grade.

What will drive collectors like me up the wall is the fact that after a book "catches on" then notes will start to appear on the copies of those books coming in to be graded. So the only fair thing to do is to put the notes on every book that comes thru CGC.

I checked the book over many times with a magnifying glass, but CGC refuses to tell me because they didn't put notes on the book, I would gladly have paid to see those notes, so CGC LOST MONEY!

That kind of argument would never end.

So, imagine you DO get the notes about your 9.8 and you find out that the book had a "ink smudge on page 14", then you would demand that CGC have scans of the ink smudge because you can't see it when the book is slabbed.

If CGC does more work grading each book, they'll charge more for grading each book.

I don't think the business model would work if it was $36 to grade a modern because it takes twice as long as it used to take when it was $18.

The bottom line for me, though, is that you actually think you have a CGC 10 book in a CGC 9.8 holder.

You're the kind of mother who doesn't want to hear that her baby isn't perfect.

Wake up.

I mean the dude was simply stating his opinion and the fact that he would like grader notes. He also looked at his book and cant find any flaws on the outside of the book, maybe the thing that knocked him to a 9.8 is inside the book, regardless he has a very strong point that if you could see the grader notes and see that the reason the book was graded at a 9.8 is because of a few NCB on the back that could be pressed, maybe hed have it pressed and resubbed. I dont think it necessary to allude to the fact that he is mother that sees her child through rose colored glasses, nor do I feel it appropriate for you to tell him to "Wake Up" .

If your going to reply in a manner that is going to cause a problem perhaps its best that you dont apply at all, there is really no reason for your attitude toward him as I has asked him a question and he was simply answering it.

That kind of argument would never end.

So, imagine you DO get the notes about your 9.8 and you find out that the book had a "ink smudge on page 14", then you would demand that CGC have scans of the ink smudge because you can't see it when the book is slabbed.

If CGC does more work grading each book, they'll charge more for grading each book.

I don't think the business model would work if it was $36 to grade a modern because it takes twice as long as it used to take when it was $18.

The bottom line for me, though, is that you actually think you have a CGC 10 book in a CGC 9.8 holder.

You're the kind of mother who doesn't want to hear that her baby isn't perfect.

Wake up.

I mean the dude was simply stating his opinion and the fact that he would like grader notes. He also looked at his book and cant find any flaws on the outside of the book, maybe the thing that knocked him to a 9.8 is inside the book, regardless he has a very strong point that if you could see the grader notes and see that the reason the book was graded at a 9.8 is because of a few NCB on the back that could be pressed, maybe hed have it pressed and resubbed. I dont think it necessary to allude to the fact that he is mother that sees her child through rose colored glasses, nor do I feel it appropriate for you to tell him to "Wake Up" .

If your going to reply in a manner that is going to cause a problem perhaps its best that you dont apply at all, there is really no reason for your attitude toward him as I has asked him a question and he was simply answering it.

:foryou:

If your going to reply in a manner that is going to cause a problem perhaps its best that you dont apply at all

How about:

If you're going to reply in a manner that is going to cause a problem, perhaps it's best that you don't reply at all.

(shrug)

I know, I know... totally uncalled for... I shouldn't have applied.

and just for the record, I have seen 10's that don't look near as good as 9.8's.

and yes I would put up one thousand dollars of my own money, and let CGC put up the same, and crack my deathlok 1 out and let em have at it, find the flaw make a quick grand, if not give me my 10 and my thousand bucks.

that is how confident I am in that particular book being a 10.

let the games begin.

and just for the record, I have seen 10's that don't look near as good as 9.8's.

and yes I would put up one thousand dollars of my own money, and let CGC put up the same, and crack my deathlok 1 out and let em have at it, find the flaw make a quick grand, if not give me my 10 and my thousand bucks.

let the games begin.

For all we know, it's a 9.8 because it didn't SMELL good enough to be a 10.

If you think I'm kidding, you should hang around the Golden Age section.

If your going to reply in a manner that is going to cause a problem perhaps its best that you dont apply at all

How about:

If you're going to reply in a manner that is going to cause a problem, perhaps it's best that you don't reply at all.

(shrug)

I know, I know... totally uncalled for... I shouldn't have applied.

Stuck up English professor, who needs to spell everything correctly and make sure there are no grammatical errors. I believe your line of "Grow Up" would work well for you.

(thumbs u

Stuck up English professor, who needs to spell everything correctly and make sure there are no grammatical errors. I believe your line of "Grow Up" would work well for you.

(thumbs u

My line was "Wake up", not "Grow up".

Besides, a professor who "grows up" more than being a professor just retires. (shrug)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were daydreaming through your whole reply.

Wake up.

Stuck up English professor, who needs to spell everything correctly and make sure there are no grammatical errors?

People who want to be taken seriously? (shrug)

Good point.

Math... who needs it?

Grammar... who cares?

School... why bother?

Ummm... because it matters to everyone who doesn't suck at it. lol

let the games begin.

Will somebody please take up this challenge? I bet the flaw can be spotted through the case.

Stuck up English professor, who needs to spell everything correctly and make sure there are no grammatical errors?

First post here, in this thread?

And you want to be taken seriously?

This is probably my friend the English professor on just created account

(thumbs u

My line was "Wake up", not "Grow up".

Besides, a professor who "grows up" more than being a professor just retires. (shrug)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were daydreaming through your whole reply.

Wake up.

Class act you are.

let the games begin.

Will somebody please take up this challenge? I bet the flaw can be spotted through the case.
\

Kids got balls

First post here, in this thread?

And you want to be taken seriously?

This is probably my friend the English professor on just created account

Feel free to ask an administrator to check all post details... I don't know the guy. (shrug)

Do you think you're "insulting" me by continually calling me an English professor? :facepalm:

Let me translate that into how ridiculous it sounds...

"Hey! You! Yeah... you! You're some guy who did like 12 years of college and has a job from which you can never be fired with outstanding benefits and a pension! Take that!"

:whee: