• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone use comicsupply.com?

51 posts in this topic

I made an order on comicsupply.com about 3 weeks and haven't received a single update on my package? I did a quick Google search and found a load of customer complaints. Have any of you guys used this website in the past and had trouble with it? Should I keep checking up on my package or should I just contact my credit card provider to cancel the charge immediately?

:(

I made an order on comicsupply.com about 3 weeks and haven't received a single update on my package? I did a quick Google search and found a load of customer complaints. Have any of you guys used this website in the past and had trouble with it? Should I keep checking up on my package or should I just contact my credit card provider to cancel the charge immediately?

Cancel the charge immediately and don't look back. Comicsupply.com is one of the comic world's biggest thieves and con-man.

Cancel the charge immediately and don't look back. Comicsupply.com is one of the comic world's biggest thieves and con-man.

Really appreciate the advice... i need to be more careful when trying to find a good deal

Just cancel the charge. As others have said; doing a search here (even if it is a pain); will show that the hassle to get your order (if you get your order) is not worth the effort; and it is best to not do any business with them.

If you are looking for supplies; I would suggest Hotflips; who are here on the boards. They should be able to help you out with any supplies you need.

Psy

There should be a giant flashing sign on this site....

DO NOT DEAL WITH COMICSUPPLY.COM

I have no idea why this clown isn't in jail already.

I am wondering the same thing.

I'm not defending him at all, but what has he done that warrants jail time? Has anyone here not ended up with their money back? Im not sure he should still have a merchant account with the Credit card companies He's a terrible businessman and should be put out of business but jailtime?

Feel free to correct me if anyone has other information.

I am wondering the same thing.

I'm not defending him at all, but what has he done that warrants jail time? Has anyone here not ended up with their money back? Im not sure he should still have a merchant account with the Credit card companies He's a terrible businessman and should be put out of business but jailtime?

Feel free to correct me if anyone has other information.

You are wrong. There are a number of people who have not been made whole or were only made whole though their credit card companires.. The previous threads are chock full of examples.

Why didn't they get their money back from the credit card companies?

Who are they?

You have to do your own research. The old threads are chock full of examples.

Some of them did get their money back through CC companies - but that doesn't relieve the thief of the charges. If you are scammed by CC and get your money back the scammer is still a law breaker.

If you are looking for comic supplies and want a solid deal with someone has great communication while shipping lightning fast - HOTFLIPS is a good place to go.

The guys that run the place (Jeff and his associates) are top notch.

(thumbs u

Correct (thumbs u

Jeff and Charles are true professionals.

There is no point in using anyone else to buy your comic supplies from, and HotFlips sets up at mostly every major comic book show now.

Just look at the Wizard World bags going forward. :whistle:

Who are they?

Some of them did get their money back through CC companies - but that doesn't relieve the thief of the charges. If you are scammed by CC and get your money back the scammer is still a law breaker.

If you place an order for merchandise, don't receive it and get your money back, you have not been scammed. Unless you are out money or goods, I don't see where a crime has been committed.

If the credit card companies weren't getting the money back from Russ, they'd cut him off from accepting them so I don't see where they are getting scammed either.

Who are they?

If you place an order for merchandise, don't receive it and get your money back, you have not been scammed. Unless you are out money or goods, I don't see where a crime has been committed.

If the credit card companies weren't getting the money back from Russ, they'd cut him off from accepting them so I don't see where they are getting scammed either.

I'll just quote from earlier threads.

to successfully operate a ponzi scheme

some people must occasionally be paid

If you buy from a thief, then you are supporting a thief.

I've been waiting about a year and a half for my order to arrive and am absolutely appalled with the company's utter lack of customer service.

This is just his standard modus operandi in action again. He doesn't really mean it. If he meant it, he wouldn't keep doing it. Instead, he goes ballistic, then apologizes, and then does it again down the line. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's much like an abused spouse. How many times do you have to get a broken nose before "I'm sorry" is meaningless?

I would imagine that, if anyone cared, ComicShoofly could be prosecuted for Ponzi schemes. After all, isn't that why he's here? To drum up new "business", part of which is used to pay off old customers who managed to catch up to him?

I was a little torn about whether or not to respond to this, because I did say I would not respond to him again. Normally, I think apologies are wonderful... however, we've been down this road before. When he's called out on an issue,Russ uses name calling instead of facts and then realizes he's stepped over the line...He's not really sorry about saying something to me, he meant it, and that's OK, but he's sorry he kind of got caught.

I'm still wondering why the customer who preordered $38 worth of books gets the option of a refund...while the guy who preordered $430 worth of books is told to stuff it and wait some more for his books.

I don't think I've ever looked at the Probation thread before, but I had to gawk at this ongoing disaster. Is ComicSupply really trying to drum up business and get out of the Hall of Shame by being insulting, uncooperative, condescending and --

(August 2009) I'm getting bored posting this , but Comic Supply owe me 142 dollars worth of supplies and 24 dollars worth of comics from 2008 .

When he appeared back on the boards a few weeks ago offering to make everything right , he PM'D me and said sorry I messed up , your shipment will go out next week , then nothing , when I asked him a week later had they been shipped he said " oh I'm sorry I forgot again it will go out next week ".

There's a pattern here , empty promises .

I'm really just getting started.

Who are they?

I'll just quote from earlier threads.

to successfully operate a ponzi scheme

some people must occasionally be paid

If you buy from a thief, then you are supporting a thief.

I've been waiting about a year and a half for my order to arrive and am absolutely appalled with the company's utter lack of customer service.

This is just his standard modus operandi in action again. He doesn't really mean it. If he meant it, he wouldn't keep doing it. Instead, he goes ballistic, then apologizes, and then does it again down the line. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's much like an abused spouse. How many times do you have to get a broken nose before "I'm sorry" is meaningless?

I would imagine that, if anyone cared, ComicShoofly could be prosecuted for Ponzi schemes. After all, isn't that why he's here? To drum up new "business", part of which is used to pay off old customers who managed to catch up to him?

I was a little torn about whether or not to respond to this, because I did say I would not respond to him again. Normally, I think apologies are wonderful... however, we've been down this road before. When he's called out on an issue,Russ uses name calling instead of facts and then realizes he's stepped over the line...He's not really sorry about saying something to me, he meant it, and that's OK, but he's sorry he kind of got caught.

I'm still wondering why the customer who preordered $38 worth of books gets the option of a refund...while the guy who preordered $430 worth of books is told to stuff it and wait some more for his books.

I don't think I've ever looked at the Probation thread before, but I had to gawk at this ongoing disaster. Is ComicSupply really trying to drum up business and get out of the Hall of Shame by being insulting, uncooperative, condescending and --

(August 2009) I'm getting bored posting this , but Comic Supply owe me 142 dollars worth of supplies and 24 dollars worth of comics from 2008 .

When he appeared back on the boards a few weeks ago offering to make everything right , he PM'D me and said sorry I messed up , your shipment will go out next week , then nothing , when I asked him a week later had they been shipped he said " oh I'm sorry I forgot again it will go out next week ".

There's a pattern here , empty promises .

I'm really just getting started.

:applause:

-slym