• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone use comicsupply.com?

51 posts in this topic

I ordered from them about a week and a half ago, and apparently the package just arrived at my family's house in the states. I'll ask them to open it and make sure it's not just full of shredded newspaper.

I ordered some Mylars, for the record.

Was going to order from Hotflips but they qouted me $33 shipping for 100 mylars and 100 fullbacks.

There's no way they accurately quoted you $33 shipping for those items. Either they made an error or the quote was for an international destination.

Hot Flips shipping quotes are strange. You really need to call them for a quote.

I ordered from them about a week and a half ago, and apparently the package just arrived at my family's house in the states. I'll ask them to open it and make sure it's not just full of shredded newspaper.

Was going to order from Hotflips but they qouted me $33 shipping for 100 mylars and 100 fullbacks.

There's no way they accurately quoted you $33 shipping for those items. Either they made an error or the quote was for an international destination.

I was using a US address in California.

Hot Flips shipping quotes are strange. You really need to call them for a quote.

Yep. That has happened to me, too. You can call or email, I believe.

Yep. That has happened to me, too. You can call or email, I believe.

Yes indeed.

trust me, if you send jeff a message on the boards of what you want and how much you want plus where its going, he will send you the correct quote, the website doesnt work with shipping quotes.

trust me, if you send jeff a message on the boards of what you want and how much you want plus where its going, he will send you the correct quote, the website doesnt work with shipping quotes.

I'll do that next time I need some Mylar.

If this is a known and ongoing issue, they should probably look at getting their site fixed. And I'm not trying to be a jerk about it or anything, but high shipping charges is the main factors in consumers ditching an order during check-out. Not everyone that finds their site knows to contact them on a forum, or to call about shipping rates.

If this is a known and ongoing issue, they should probably look at getting their site fixed. And I'm not trying to be a jerk about it or anything, but high shipping charges is the main factors in consumers ditching an order during check-out. Not everyone that finds their site knows to contact them on a forum, or to call about shipping rates.

We have been trying to figure out a way to fix it. We have been unsuccessful. The reason is this. Someone orders one pack of mylar. The UPS calculates it would cost $5.00 to ship. Then that same person orders 10 packs, it calculates it as $5.00 x 10 for a total of $50.00 to ship. We know that is not the case in 99% of the situations. Most people do not care about shipping and have seen the outrageous shipping charges and have had no complaints. WE STILL MANUALLY ADJUST THE SHIPPING CHARGES TO THE CORRECT TOTAL.

Like previous posters have indicated, either shoot me an email or call toll free and we will get you an accurate shipping charge.

We might go back to a free shipping module just to avoid the confusion. I know the shipping is a problem on our website, but it is not being ignored.

Jeff

Is right on the top of our website as you as you open our page up.

I said this the other day but it bears repeating: I ordered some Mylites a few weeks ago on a Tuesday morning, and they were waiting for me when I got home on Wednesday. You won't get service like that anywhere else.

Well, shardroch, it may be improper to call it fully "theft", but nonetheless this is a pretty much dishonest behavior.

Never heard of this seller, the few Mylite bags I ordered, I ordered from the UK, and I am very happy with most eBay UK dealers. It may take a bit for them to reply, but most are safe and sound! (thumbs u

I'd call it theft, but simple theft is rarely rewarded with jail time in todays America. Our jails are too full of drug users ans small time dealers to house common crooks.

Wow, this is bad. :(

Is right on the top of our website as you as you open our page up.

I feel your pain. The shipping systems in a lot of shopping carts are rubbish and can be difficult to work with unless you commit dozens and dozens of man hours

to weighing all your inventory. I was in charge of the E-commerce for an internationally known apparel brand, and the shipping was something we were analyzing constantly. We found that threshold free shipping was very popular, which is probably why you see Amazon and so many contemporaries use it.

I'm sure you guys do good business just from the positive word of mouth generated on this forum. That's why you were the first stop I checked out when I exhausted all the reasonable options I could find in Canada.