• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Man Of Steel" Thread

962 posts in this topic

Because it`s not Grandpa`s or dad`s Superman.

It`s a modern Superman and a win for Warner.

Superman is relavant again, and no more Mister Nice Guy. :devil:

Oh, is that what is happening - fans wanting the old Superman?

No.. Most definitely not for me; I want nothing to do with the "old" superman...

It's just a very bad film. The stuff on Krypton was WAY more interesting than the banality on Earth. They should have stayed there.

No.. Most definitely not for me; I want nothing to do with the "old" superman...

It's just a very bad film.

It was great for it's time,but it's outdated for today's generation.

The biggest thing this movie was missing was comedic elements. Personally I felt that put Avengers over the top. Supes character shouldn't feel or be as dark as Batman, and that's what I felt with this movie... everything was just way too dark, from the way Jonathan Kent died, to the destruction and doom in Metropolis, to forcing Superman to kill Zod at the end in the way that he did.

At least now I know why they couldn't use the original bright blue and red colors for the costume - wouldn't have fit into the movie.

I agree the acting and casting was well done (Zod was great), but the connections between some of the characters seemed forced. I didn't buy the Kent-Lois romantic connection. Where was Jimmy Olsen?

I left the movie feeling not upbeat and happy but sad. I mean, half the entire town of Metropolis was demolished and it's supposed to feel like a win?

The biggest thing this movie was missing was comedic elements. Personally I felt that put Avengers over the top. Supes character shouldn't feel or be as dark as Batman, and that's what I felt with this movie... everything was just way too dark, from the way Jonathan Kent died, to the destruction and doom in Metropolis, to forcing Superman to kill Zod at the end in the way that he did.

At least now I know why they couldn't use the original bright blue and red colors for the costume - wouldn't have fit into the movie.

I agree the acting and casting was well done (Zod was great), but the connections between some of the characters seemed forced. I didn't buy the Kent-Lois romantic connection. Where was Jimmy Olsen?

I left the movie feeling not upbeat and happy but sad. I mean, half the entire town of Metropolis was demolished and it's supposed to feel like a win?

Yes because this will have a sequel at least,so Warner successfully did what it had to do, and that was to get people to start caring and talking about Superman.

If it copied the Marvel style it would have failed like Superman Returns.

A goody two shoe homage to the 1978 Superman movie.

Yes because this will have a sequel at least,so Warner successfully did what it had to do, and that was to get people to start caring and talking about Superman.

If it copied the Marvel style it would have failed like Superman Returns.

A goody two shoe homage to the 1978 Superman movie.

Superman Returns was horrible on a lot of levels, and it didn't feel anything like a Marvel movie. Spider-Man 1 & 2, Iron Man, Avengers, all great Marvel movies.

At one point, they cut to a group of Metropolis citizens paying witness to the battle scenes & every single character was dressed in oatmeal, khaki, white, off-white, slate, charcoal, & gray/grey with a hint here & there of deep black.

I didn't know Tim Gunn was a member on this board... HI TIM --- my wife loves your shows! :hi:

I'd be stunned if there is an official sequel. Perhaps another reboot in 10 years, but true sequel? I doubt it.

Really? You don't think they want to go full court press with the JLA, etc.?

I LOVED it the first time I saw it (though they called it Independance Day that time) this time was okay. I think Rotten Tomatoes has it right at about 6/10. My son loved it. 10/10 for the 12 year old set. My 13 year old daughter thought Henry Cavill was hunky.

I'd be stunned if there is an official sequel. Perhaps another reboot in 10 years, but true sequel? I doubt it.

Then you don't know much about what drives Hollywood. Transformers is on what number 4 now ? Like the movie or not MOS is gonna make a boatload of money (supposedly 120M+ this weekend here) and especially overseas where they'll eat up all the action.

Then you don't know much about what drives Hollywood. Transformers is on what number 4 now ? Like the movie or not MOS is gonna make a boatload of money (supposedly 120M+ this weekend here) and especially overseas where they'll eat up all the action.

Maybe.. I don't see it making anywhere close to that kind of money...

Much like the previous poster, I saw a 4:00 showing today at the biggest, most popular theater in town and the theater was only about 20% full. School has been out for 2 weeks here.

Word of mouth plays a huge role in $100mm movies. Most of the word of mouth on this one is bad. That doesn't bode well for $100mm.

Same story over and over. They couldve skipped the whole beginning. Seemed like some really random editing going on as well.

Got Matrix flashbacks a few times.

I liked the flight sequences, and Cavill and Adams did a good job.

Did anyone care when Pa Kent died? I didn't.

Same story over and over. They couldve skipped the whole beginning. Seemed like some really random editing going on as well.

Got Matrix flashbacks a few times.

I liked the flight sequences, and Cavill and Adams did a good job.

Did anyone care when Pa Kent died? I didn't.

I almost cried during that part. For real. How he holds his hand up telling Clark not to save him. I thought it was a good moment. I enjoyed all of the Pa Kent/Clark moments.