• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Man Of Steel" Thread

962 posts in this topic

I think when you're dealing with a movie that involves a guy flying around in a cape, that you can suspend disbelief a tad regarding the city clean up.

Not that much suspension...Metropolis was missing in the end of that movie. It was a crater. If that's how Supes 'saves people' they should say "noooooo thanks!".

The sequels are all going to have the Star Trek problem. He can't save the entire planet EVERY time; that's boring. And stupid.

so we've taken to hating a sequel that hasn't yet been made for something it hasn't done

i'd rather an end of the world rather than another real estate scheme

Just saw this last night. Wow. Amazing! They got Superman dead on! I loved how they gave him more background. I really liked Zod.

The fighting was incredible! I really felt like I was "watching" a comicbook. Going to see it again.

right now it has 11 Theater votes and 1 rent votes at my site Filmigos.com. So people are loving it.

Forecasts are now at $120M or more for the weekend.

This movie is doing much better financially than anyone expected.

LINK

Damn it.

Wha, you want it to fail?

Not fail. I just don't think it deserves a sequel.

LINK

Damn it.

:facepalm:

you don't have to watch the sequel, why would you desire it to be a failure so the people who enjoyed it can't see another?

ridiculous

LINK

Damn it.

you don't have to watch the sequel, why would you desire it to be a failure so the people who enjoyed it can't see another?

ridiculous

I think it's just sad that a movie where Superman snapped Zod's neck is the new standard (and don't say, "He's killed before in the comics.") It was wrong then, too. This just brings it to a whole other level. What will he do in the next movies? Rip Brainiac's head off? Punch a hole through Luthor's chest? Impale Darkseid? It's just sad.

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

I think it's just sad that a movie where Superman snapped Zod's neck is the new standard (and don't say, "He's killed before in the comics.") It was wrong then, too. This just brings it to a whole other level. What will he do in the next movies? Rip Brainiac's head off? Punch a hole through Luthor's chest? Impale Darkseid? It's just sad.

dont watch it then, how can it be wrong in the comics? DC should consult you now?

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

dont watch it then, how can it be wrong in the comics? DC should consult you now?

Why are you getting so mad? This is a discussion forum. No, DC should not consult me or you or anybody. As for not watching it, of course I'll watch another one if they release it just like I watched X-Men 3, Iron Man 3, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, and all the other pieces of garbage they've released over the years. Man of Steel, in my opinion (which really means very little in the scheme of things) was an extremely flawed movie that set an unfortunate standard for future superhero movies. Sorry, that's how I feel.

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

I was thinking this too. BUt you could tell he didn't want to kill Zod. He just didn't have a choice and that's why he screamed at the end. He's Superman, and he realized he's the one that has to do that. That's how I rationalized it.

But I loved the movie. Even if my ears are ringing from the IMAX sound.

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

Why are you getting so mad? This is a discussion forum. No, DC should not consult me or you or anybody. As for not watching it, of course I'll watch another one if they release it just like I watched X-Men 3, Iron Man 3, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, and all the other pieces of garbage they've released over the years. Man of Steel, in my opinion (which really means very little in the scheme of things) was an extremely flawed movie that set an unfortunate standard for future superhero movies. Sorry, that's how I feel.

who's mad?

it's flawed to you though, not everybody else....and like you said they have your money anyway so why cater to you?

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

who's mad?

it's flawed to you though, not everybody else....and like you said they have your money anyway so why cater to you?

They can't cater to everyone. That's understandable. And yeah, they have our money. I'm glad you liked it. Apparently a lot of people did, but I just don't know how it'll hold up in years to come. Like they said in "SpaceBalls," We'll see when they make "Man of Steel: The Search for More Money."

I think the point is you have a right to dislike it but maybe you shouldn't damn it for being successful and the possibility of another being made for those who did like it. But I get it you're not denying others their right to disagree. Let's get back to talking about the great success of this DC endeavor.

Forbes says "Weekend Box Office: 'Man Of Steel' Soars To $125 Million Debut" :whee:

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

El Douché, watch your freakin' spoilers!!!

I betcha Supes in future sequels becomes equivocal about killing as a result of the ending in this movie. This may in fact become the singular reason why he goes out of his way not to kill unless given no option. You may see a regression of the character becoming what everyone is more familiar with as he takes on his role as a reporter and contemplating the circumstances that drove him to make the very controversial decisions he was forced to make in this film.

As I said before: he obviously never encountered such a circumstance and was forced to make split second decisions after having a life that was filled with rather mundane opportunities to use his powers: like a bus in the water.

Hardly comparable to an alien invasion with the lives of everyone on the planet at stake.

Anyway, the more I review the movie in my head the more I like it. Can't wait for a sequel.....tomorrow wouldn't be too soon for me. :)

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

El Crapo, I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet. And if they didn't read about that scene on here, they probably heard about it somewhere else.

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

El Crapo, I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet. And if they didn't read about that scene on here, they probably heard about it somewhere else.

I didn't, until your post.

LINK

Damn it.

ridiculous

I didn't, until your post.

Sorry.