• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And to think. I was leading on the Mile High ABC's with three minutes left.

106 posts in this topic

Yes, I've been told who it is by someone who knows him. I think a couple of other folks around here know who he is, too. I'd heard his name before but have never met him.

I can't answer about the Actions. I only know we overlap too much for my happiness. I really wanted those Blue Beetles. :tonofbricks:

It wouldn't be the first time someone tried to reassemble the Mile High collection. An attempt was made in the early-mid 80's. His quest ended in failure as he got too impatient. Also, he got infuriated when others took advantage of his quest and raised their prices.

I'd be happy if I could reassemble just one title, but even for a title with less than 10 copies, it doesn't look very feasible. I know the Black Terror run is essentially complete and in the hands of a collector and Fishler has the Planet run, but I don't think any of those are going anywhere any time soon. And you couldn't get Verzyl's Timelys away from him with a pry bar.

And you couldn't get Verzyl's Timelys away from him with a pry bar.

You could with a really, really, really big pry bar.

The most Mile Highs I could accomplish in 1 title was 59 Sensation Comics. A few of them are ending in the cc auction tonight. :gossip:
Was that accomplishment fairly recent or before the collection had been scattered to the four winds?

The most Mile Highs I could accomplish in 1 title was 59 Sensation Comics. A few of them are ending in the cc auction tonight. :gossip:
Was that accomplishment fairly recent or before the collection had been scattered to the four winds?

I sold the run in 1999.

I sold the run in 1999.

I'd say it was a pretty impressive accomplishment even for the 90s, but I think it would be pert near impossible now. (You had quite a few of the Mile High More Funs too, didn't you?)

[font:Times New Roman]I don't know, > hm > ...Gator's tried everything short of seeking adoption. [/font] (shrug)

Cartoon_Baby_Alligator_Wearing_A_Diaper_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090219-136003-304048.jpg

If there is one guy chasing all the MH books hard, why hasn't this person snatched up the numerous MHs on CL and Metro's inventory? Many of which I believe are listed at reasonable prices...
Maybe nobody's buying all the Mile Highs; maybe somebody's shill bidding the Mile Highs in certain categories because he already owns a boatload of them that he wants to sell and he's trying to inflate the perceived FMV.

Cynic! lol

I believe he had the More Fun #52 listed for $250K-$350K a few years ago, about the same time as when he had the AA#16 graded. Does he let any of you guys see the Timley's or are they locked away.

I sold the run in 1999.

I'd say it was a pretty impressive accomplishment even for the 90s, but I think it would be pert near impossible now. (You had quite a few of the Mile High More Funs too, didn't you?)

It dwarfs the best I've been able to do. I think I have around 20 of Edgar's Excitings but finding any more seems a forlorn hope.

I believe he had the More Fun #52 listed for $250K-$350K a few years ago, about the same time as when he had the AA#16 graded. Does he let any of you guys see the Timley's or are they locked away.

:wishluck:

He has said many times that he will let anyone look at his Mile High Timelys except "that rascal, Cat Conrad".

He has many times that he will let anyone look at his Mile High Timelys except "that rascal, Cat Conrad".

:cry:

v

v

v

hm

v

v

v

:idea:

animals-cute-kitten-photography-Favim.com-486699.jpg

Richard is the MC#1 as good as is rumoured? :cloud9:

I've never seen it.

Shame. I would whip it out at every opportunity if I owned it. :blush:

Not owning it hasn't seemed to slow you down.