• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Favorite DC War Books!

97 posts in this topic

Thanks, Sterling. They're not super high grade, but most of these I bought off the newsstand many, many years ago! I'm just starting to pick up some of those old DC war books again. I really love those Our Army at War books by Kubert. I think he's what Berni Wrightson is to horror. Kinda just sets the standard for everyone else. By the way Sterling, I really don't think you'd enjoy these books, so if I were you, I wouldn't start buying them up. thumbsup2.gif

I think war books are just as tough as horror books in high grade--hmmm...another challenge devil.gif

I think you're right. All these non-superhero books are always tough to find in high grade, because most "serious" collectors at the time weren't into them.

rock4.jpg

Yikes!!! Flashback!!!

I had this book when I was a kid. My borther and I used to talk a/b what you would do in a situation like that and how to get out of it.

Guess that book just made my want list. Thanks. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great! I was hoping someone would put up a few OFF's! thumbsup2.gif

Our Fighting Forces by Bob Kanigher & John Severin! cloud9.gif

Kanigher was always capable of a kind of melodramatic poetry, and here's a good Lawrence of Arabia inspired sequence, illustrated by John Severin. I'm a sucker for the lost cause, in this case the doomed diversionary charge on horseback against the Nazi stronghold...

551054-off1.JPG

551883-off2.JPG