• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! Spider-Man 2099 Misprint

16 posts in this topic

Hmmm, I honestly can't say that I have. Reminds me a little of how the venom lethal protector black misprint came about, or the wolverine 145 "white claws" (which I would kill for). If still got stamped just misaligned. Very nice by the way! Most probably would have looked it right over.

Thinking about getting it slabbed. Does CGC put anything special on the label for something like this?

Hmmm...I'm not sure. I know Slym has a no-foil error of Cable #1 he is asking about. A slabbed copy of that issue sold a while ago, but it received a Green Label. I'm not sure if this would get Green Labeled or not.

Hopefully someone has an answer to this. If not, you could post it here

Thinking about getting it slabbed. Does CGC put anything special on the label for something like this?

Hmmm...I'm not sure. I know Slym has a no-foil error of Cable #1 he is asking about. A slabbed copy of that issue sold a while ago, but it received a Green Label. I'm not sure if this would get Green Labeled or not.

Hopefully someone has an answer to this. If not, you could post it here

Just remember, CGC doesn't always answer, and for that forum, that means it doesn't get posted. I put in a question about blue v/s green label books that are manufacturer errors last week and it appears they aren't going to answer it, as I would think it would have been answered by now.

:shrug:

-slym

The foil didnt adhere during printing process. I had one for years of the Punisher that had no foil the same way. Very neat printing defect.

Wrong. The foil adhered just fine, but is very obviously misaligned.

The foil didnt adhere during printing process. I had one for years of the Punisher that had no foil the same way. Very neat printing defect.

Wrong. The foil adhered just fine, but is very obviously misaligned.

I think you're right. You can see that all the foil that was supposed to be there, is there. It's just moved down about a half an inch.

If it was a foil misprint it may get the Green Label. I have a Ghost Rider 2099 with the same issue and instead of getting labeled as a variant like the Venom Lethal Protector Black it was simply Green Labeled with an error.