• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rate "Man of Steel," 1-10 Scale

Man of Steel  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Man of Steel

391 posts in this topic

That 15 people rated this movie as a 1 out of 10 is absurd. A 1 would have to be really really bad. Like "I spit on your grave" bad.

Fandoms will always be overly critical in my experience and that is why you see all the 1's imo. For a lot of fans all it takes is one thing like Lois having red hair that they deemed as someone taking a dump on their childhood and it's obviously a lousy movie. They just can't get past it. Nothing wrong with it though, it's their opinion.

So, they are giving it a grudge-?

hm

-slym

Exactly.You sound surprised people would be that petty.

:eek:

-slym

That 15 people rated this movie as a 1 out of 10 is absurd. A 1 would have to be really really bad. Like "I spit on your grave" bad.

Fandoms will always be overly critical in my experience and that is why you see all the 1's imo. For a lot of fans all it takes is one thing like Lois having red hair that they deemed as someone taking a dump on their childhood and it's obviously a lousy movie. They just can't get past it. Nothing wrong with it though, it's their opinion.

hm

-slym

-slym

grudge-? At least someone's gettin' some... :headbang:

hm

-slym

-slym

grudge-? At least someone's gettin' some... :headbang:

lol

Called Marvel Zombies or trolls for a reason.

In their defense, a 1-10 scale doesn't have to be absolute. Like, 1 doesn't have to be the single worst move ever, and 10 doesn't have to be Apocalypse Now. I gave MoS a 9, but that's just relative to the summer blockbuster/action/sci-fi/superhero set. I don't know how I'd begin to rate it against something like Blue Velvet or The Godfather ... they have almost nothing to do with each other.

Although whatever the scale, Sucker Punch is still a 0. :)

Lots of pointless action and violence. A SUPERMAN who kills. Useless cast of secondary characters (the Daily staff served no purpose and all of those extra Kryptonians with Zod did NOTHING when they could have easily overwhelmed Superman). No charm. Plot holes and inconsistencies galore.

But hey, all we want to see is fighting.

IRON MAN 3 was a disaster. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN was forgettable and unnecessary. This ranks with them.

I had much more fun watching THIS IS THE END.

In their defense, a 1-10 scale doesn't have to be absolute. Like, 1 doesn't have to be the single worst move ever, and 10 doesn't have to be Apocalypse Now. I gave MoS a 9, but that's just relative to the summer blockbuster/action/sci-fi/superhero set. I don't know how I'd begin to rate it against something like Blue Velvet or The Godfather ... they have almost nothing to do with each other.

You didn't like ANYTHING about Sucker Punch...?

FYI - for the record is was a crappy movie...

You didn't like ANYTHING about Sucker Punch...?

FYI - for the record is was a crappy movie...

My favorite part of Sucker Punch is that I'm not watching it right now. It had a great sound track, full of songs I hate now as they remind me of Sucker Punch.

Lots of pointless action and violence. A SUPERMAN who kills. Useless cast of secondary characters (the Daily staff served no purpose and all of those extra Kryptonians with Zod did NOTHING when they could have easily overwhelmed Superman). No charm. Plot holes and inconsistencies galore.

IRON MAN 3 was a disaster. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN was forgettable and unnecessary. This ranks with them.

this

The argument that tires me the most is that if I don't like it it's because I'm stuck on a Reeves Superman and I should embrace the changes to adapt to the current generation. I think that's compostable_fertilizer. Superman DOES NOT kill, period.

this

The argument that tires me the most is that if I don't like it it's because I'm stuck on a Reeves Superman and I should embrace the changes to adapt to the current generation. I think that's compostable_fertilizer. Superman DOES NOT kill, period.

Nobody is telling you that you must love Man of Steel. If you don't like it, you are actually in good company with many others that have not.

But Superman does kill other beings.

- Superman Vol 2, #22 (Zod & company)

2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg

- Superman Vol 2, #75 (Doomsday)

doomsday-vs-superman-001_480_poster.jpg

- Superman Vol. 3 #3 (Heather)

2932482-tsup_03_019_copy.jpg

It would appear Superman, when forced into a situation where a being offers him no choice in order to protect the masses, will do what he must. But with regrets.

this

Does that really bother you? It's funny how differently people weigh factors. I don't really care if they make Superman kill someone, as long as they handle it well.

this

I am also at a loss here. Even if your favorite version of Superman is the one who won't kill, it is hard to argue that lives aren't continually lost in his battles. How can you argue so vehemently against him killing someone to save the world, but be okay with the fact that thousands of innocent have died in the crumbling buildings he has been punching baddies through for decades?

I get it, it was dark. But killing out of desperation is about as human as it gets. The whole point about Superman is that at his core, he battling to be human.

Just my 2c.

And it looks like more markets have opened up internationally quite strong.

‘Man Of Steel’ Speeds To $345.6M Worldwide

But for this weekend, it sounds like the domestic order will be:

#1 Monsters University ($30.8 MM Friday; $79 MM estimated weekend)

#2 World War Z ($25.5 MM Friday; $63 MM estimated weekend)

#3 Man of Steel ($12.7 MM Friday; $42.7 MM estimated weekend)