• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OVERSTREET? who pays that price? therefore inaccurate..

51 posts in this topic

I buy OSPG once every few years.

As many have stated, it is a guide, a tool to help gauge the value of the book and I still think it is a great resource. I have been subscribing to GPA and also find that to be a great tool for CGC books. Again, even GPA is only a tool b/c they do not capture every sale in the marketplace. I consider OSPG, GPA, etc. to be useful tools to help make informed decisions, no more, no less.

But I primarily buy OSPG for the articles :shy:

I am happy to pay full overstreet if the comic is graded correctly , problem is people over grade so the guide gets a bad rep .

I am happy to receive full overstreet for correctly graded books. :)

we should all just make up comic values.. I guage the grade value of a comic in a CGC holder (never raw), than average that comic over a 6 month period using ebay and heritage as a reference, (since that is the market)

Using Overstreet to determine what you should pay for an item is like asking your ex wife if you are paying to much in alimony.

There are lots of comic sellers that still use it. I see it all the time a shows I attend and they are actually selling comics.

However, I completely agree with the following.

Knowledge of the market and drawing from a wide variety of data (dealer sites, GPA, auction sites, forums, etc.) is as important as mining Overstreet, if not more so. Gone are the days when it was the bible. Not that it isn't still a mandatory book to have on your shelf.

Jethro? My god, that's quite a makeover

Another one? doh!

What's with you guys? An avatar I understand, a name change baffles me.

we should all just make up comic values.. I guage the grade value of a comic in a CGC holder (never raw), than average that comic over a 6 month period using ebay and heritage as a reference, (since that is the market)

Using Overstreet to determine what you should pay for an item is like asking your ex wife if you are paying to much in alimony.

There are lots of comic sellers that still use it. I see it all the time a shows I attend and they are actually selling comics.

Knowledge of the market and drawing from a wide variety of data (dealer sites, GPA, auction sites, forums, etc.) is as important as mining Overstreet, if not more so. Gone are the days when it was the bible. Not that it isn't still a mandatory book to have on your shelf.

Another one? doh!

I suppose "Cracker" is more appropriate. :P

Another one? doh!

Was "Wacist" taken?

Another one? doh!

Why would a name change bother anyone? I understand people are bothered by the weirdest things but a name change falls squarely in the "who cares" column for me.

It's not like the name Jeffro was that far away from Cracker as it was.

Another one? doh!

Um, didn't your name used to be *Spoon*? hmlol

Another one? doh!

Was "Wacist" taken?

:eyeroll: