• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pgx subbed to cgc

30 posts in this topic

has anybody cracked open pgx slabs and subbed the issue to cgc?if so,what was the grade?

There are many, many threads that have been posted on here over the years concerning this topic. It's a mixed bag what the results were, though most seemed to have positive results.

But when a surprise comes out of a PGX case, it can also suck the motivation right out of you (e.g. universal grade books have cover touch-up, covers joined together to make a book look whole). It's a gamble.

I had a 9.2 come back a 8.5 , the thing is with pgx, they arent the "best" at picking up resto and trims.. Ive seen more then a handful of blue label pgx books come back purple when cgc see's em.. so. like everyone else had said, its a gamble

Yes, I recently sent the same three books to PGX then CGC because I didn't want to deal with the CGC turnaround times. So I gave PGX a chance and the results were, I will just wait till CGC turnaround times are back to normal. Or if another company surfaces I will give them a try.

First book. Both caught the trim, same grade. No complaints.

DSCN1980.jpg

Second book. .4 difference. PGX graded too harsh IMO

DSCN1981.jpg

Third book. .5 difference and PGX completely missed the missing centerfold.

DSCN1979.jpg

DSCN1979.jpg

They missed a missing certerfold??? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

How does anyone not notice a missing centerfold? Especially before submitting a book. (shrug)

Anyway... quite some time ago this was subbed to PGX and came back an 8.0, I thought it was considerably nicer than that. It came from an OO collection I bought when I had my store. I cracked it and re-subbed it to CGC for SS and low and behold a 9.2 was born.

DCSpecial11.jpg

has anybody cracked open pgx slabs and subbed the issue to cgc?if so,what was the grade?

alright boardies.maybe I should have been more specific.what was the grade BEFORE AND AFTER the sub.

This was the original post. I figured the point was to show how grossly inaccurate they are. 2c

I had a 9.2 come back a 8.5 , the thing is with pgx, they arent the "best" at picking up resto and trims.. Ive seen more then a handful of blue label pgx books come back purple when cgc see's em.. so. like everyone else had said, its a gamble

This is especially true when the dolts at PGX are trimming their own books and selling them without disclosing the restoration.

DSCN1979.jpg

They missed a missing certerfold??? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Wait, aren't we supposed to be showing how grossly inflated PGX grades are?

Depending on when a PGX book was graded, and you can see it in hand, this is how people are playing the lower prices for PGX books-to-CGC conversion.

I bought a PGX 9.4 WP from a board member years ago before either of us knew of this place, or knew the concerns with PGX. His detailed photos of the front and back cover made me comfortable with $16 plus shipping. A few years later we run into each other on here, and I mention how I always thought that book was undergraded. We talk about cracking it out and resubmitting to see how it will fare with CGC.

1st full Killer Croc & Jason Todd appearances, with Atari insert.

djr6HH4l.jpg

Wait, aren't we supposed to be showing how grossly inflated PGX grades are?

Depending on when a PGX book was graded, and you can see it in hand, this is how people are playing the lower prices for PGX books-to-CGC conversion.

I bought a PGX 9.4 WP from a board member years ago before either of us knew of this place, or knew the concerns with PGX. His detailed photos of the front and back cover made me comfortable with $16 plus shipping. A few years later we run into each other on here, and I mention how I always thought that book was undergraded. We talk about cracking it out and resubmitting to see how it will fare with CGC.

1st full Killer Croc & Jason Todd appearances, with Atari insert.

djr6HH4l.jpg

That certainly paid off (thumbs u