• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pgx subbed to cgc

30 posts in this topic

That certainly paid off (thumbs u

Flash-forward to just two years ago. Someone buys me a Crow 3 PGX 9.4 as a gift, and has Ryan send it directly to me. When I looked the book over I could immediately tell there was nothing "9.4" about that book. So I crack it out.

Not only is the cover heavily scuffed and rubbed where it was most probably an 8.0, but also when I open to the legend I discover it is a 2nd printing. Yet the label doesn't even note this.

Thank goodness that kind person was able to get a full refund. :(

Wait, aren't we supposed to be showing how grossly inflated PGX grades are?

Depending on when a PGX book was graded, and you can see it in hand, this is how people are playing the lower prices for PGX books-to-CGC conversion.

I bought a PGX 9.4 WP from a board member years ago before either of us knew of this place, or knew the concerns with PGX. His detailed photos of the front and back cover made me comfortable with $16 plus shipping. A few years later we run into each other on here, and I mention how I always thought that book was undergraded. We talk about cracking it out and resubmitting to see how it will fare with CGC.

1st full Killer Croc & Jason Todd appearances, with Atari insert.

djr6HH4l.jpg

Awesome! :applause:

Flash-forward to just two years ago. Someone buys me a Crow 3 PGX 9.4 as a gift, and has Ryan send it directly to me. When I looked the book over I could immediately tell there was nothing "9.4" about that book. So I crack it out.

Not only is the cover heavily scuffed and rubbed where it was most probably an 8.0, but also when I open to the legend I discover it is a 2nd printing. Yet the label doesn't even note this.

One of the few able to get their money back. Nice. Was this Ryan Elliott's von doom account or his current djbrady4u account?

It must be nice to be a able to grade your own books, witness your own sigs, and not have a shred of dignity when it comes to passing things off for what they're not.

How does anyone not notice a missing centerfold? Especially before submitting a book. (shrug)

Anyway... quite some time ago this was subbed to PGX and came back an 8.0, I thought it was considerably nicer than that. It came from an OO collection I bought when I had my store. I cracked it and re-subbed it to CGC for SS and low and behold a 9.2 was born.

DCSpecial11.jpg

That is one of the coolest signature placements I have seen!

It must be nice to be a able to grade your own books, witness your own sigs, and not have a shred of dignity when it comes to passing things off for what they're not.

This.

PGX will grade a book with some guy's opinion and put it in a slab... totally legit.

PGX also allows self-grading by the cronies, with total scam in a slab... totally criminal.

That's the same as saying, "He's a great guy, he only steals from people SOMETIMES."

Sounds like someone who deserves all the support zero dollars will buy.

One of the few able to get their money back. Nice. Was this Ryan Elliott's von doom account or his current djbrady4u account?

VON DOOM!

:P

How does anyone not notice a missing centerfold? Especially before submitting a book. (shrug)

Anyway... quite some time ago this was subbed to PGX and came back an 8.0, I thought it was considerably nicer than that. It came from an OO collection I bought when I had my store. I cracked it and re-subbed it to CGC for SS and low and behold a 9.2 was born.

DCSpecial11.jpg

I thought the same thing .

DCSpecial11.jpg

It seemed like the most logical place to put it when I prepped it with the window bag. :idea:

DCSpecial11.jpg

It seemed like the most logical place to put it when I prepped it with the window bag. :idea:

That sig placement is awesome!